Should the judge be lenient to the woman who assaulted Jeremy Vine?

I hope it does. Still can't help feeling that 50 compulsory hours on the road on a bicycle would give her a really good perspective of what it's like to be harassed by impatient drivers who don't understand the highway code, and pip their horn at cyclists riding in an entirely appropriate fashion.

I see what you mean. I gave up my cycle a few years ago as I thought it was too bloody dangerous on the roads.

Unfortunately due to a knee op I can no longer run so will have to take to cycling again.

I am not looking forward to it.

I hope it does. Still can't help feeling that 50 compulsory hours on the road on a bicycle would give her a really good perspective of what it's like to be harassed by impatient drivers who don't understand the highway code, and pip their horn at cyclists riding in an entirely appropriate fashion.

No , there`s far too many cyclists on the roads as it is ,without forcing others onto pushbikes.

No , there`s far too many cyclists on the roads as it is ,without forcing others onto pushbikes.

You only think that because your driving ability is so shocking you can't cope with them. Plus a person's reaction speed is in line with their ability to process information and use it to make quick decisions, so you're at a massive disadvantage there.

As I've previously pointed out, any delay in that video, was caused, not by the cyclist, but by the two solid lines of parked cars either side of the road, that reduced the road to a single lane.

There are not too many cyclists on the roads, there are too many cars.

Are you blind? Open your eyes- observe how many Sheffield roads are reduced to single lanes by solid rows of parked cars.

Don't scapegoat the cyclist, see the real cause.

People who are on Twitter should be interned in labour camps anyway.

I cannot get how Twitter works.

The account I have will not let me use it, as I cannot remember the password, and it will not let me in to change said password, without that password. :mad:

It is a Catch 22 scenario, and that is some catch, that Catch 22. :D

The woman has been rightly and deservedly punished. What doesn't sit easy with me is this holier than thou morally superior " my rights have been infringed" ( not a quote), attitude of this upper middle class Public school educated pampered BBC employee, who indignantly took a social inferior to court to be judged no doubt by someone with a similarly privileged background to himself.

Having said that perhaps she should learn not to be so aggressive and calm down a bit

The woman has been rightly and deservedly punished. What doesn't sit easy with me is this holier than thou morally superior " my rights have been infringed" ( not a quote), attitude of this upper middle class Public school educated pampered BBC employee, who indignantly took a social inferior to court to be judged no doubt by someone with a similarly privileged background to himself.

Having said that perhaps she should learn not to be so aggressive and calm down a bit

Hence why you can ask for any case to be heard by a jury of your peers, the peers part being the relevant bit. It was seen as the most 'fair' way of judging guilt or innocence by relying on what 'normal' people viewed as evidence rather than a judge whose world was likely to be very different. I still think it's the best system we have. Was a jury involved in this case or was it just a judge?

When 'upper middle class Public school educated' people are verbally abused and threatened for riding their cycle in an entirely appropriate and safety orientated fashion, are they to be excluded from justice on the grounds that the aggressor was of a 'lower class' than them?

What's class go to do with this?

The aggressor in this case was driving a weapon that can, and often does, kill and maim cyclists and was completely in the wrong.

The other 300 (estimate) times the same thing happened to a cyclist that day, the aggressor drove off feeling smug and righteous, purely because their victims didn't have video evidence of the assault.

I don't think that's good, do you?

No one has mentioned but she was also driving an 'unlicenced vehicle'. Not sure what that means in laymans terms; no tax?

Either incompetent or saw herself as above the law. Looking at the footage, I'd say the latter.

I see what you mean. I gave up my cycle a few years ago as I thought it was too bloody dangerous on the roads.

Unfortunately due to a knee op I can no longer run so will have to take to cycling again.

I am not looking forward to it.

Sympathise with you there mate, I used to love running but have had a calf injury for 15 month now, can't get rid of it, may have to take up cycling

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 12:54 ----------

When 'upper middle class Public school educated' people are verbally abused and threatened for riding their cycle in an entirely appropriate and safety orientated fashion, are they to be excluded from justice on the grounds that the aggressor was of a 'lower class' than them?

What's class go to do with this?

The aggressor in this case was driving a weapon that can, and often does, kill and maim cyclists and was completely in the wrong.

The other 300 (estimate) times the same thing happened to a cyclist that day, the aggressor drove off feeling smug and righteous, purely because their victims didn't have video evidence of the assault.

I don't think that's good, do you?

When and where did I say it was "good" ?