Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a car from a private seller for my father in law all good with car just the wheel secure nut is missing when I spoke to the guy I bought it off said should be in car but can’t find it.

all I want is someone to direction me to the right place to remove them and replace them please

its a ford Mondeo 2009 

would be much appreciated 

• 1 month later...

Peugeot 307 2006, the car has been breaking down a number of times recently, Mech thinks it may be the alternator as three(2nd hand)  batteries have been drained and ruined upto now, but most salient  issue is that the immobiliser key fell apart and was then re-assembled. While it worked a few times, it now won't work now, car won't start, fuel pump not starting, message on ECU is 'economy mode', which  I believe means that ECU is shutting down processes and that the transponder on the key isn't working. I have the peugeot dealers card to get a discount for a replacement key, but really don't want to spend all that money. I f i get a version of Peugeot Planet would that help,   any ideas, 

Aldresearch around?

tx,

Edited by gamezone07