Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

15 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Halfords do a kit. Did mine with it and no problems. 

But the kit comprises of the gas £60, and £20 for the trigger and gauge.  And a waste of money if the system is leaking.

A full aircon check and regas is only £59 at Kwik Fit or ATS, and probably cheaper at other places.  There's a garage in Chesterfield that sometimes does a £25 groupon deal.

Edited by alchresearch

On 02/06/2020 at 13:25, alchresearch said:

But the kit comprises of the gas £60, and £20 for the trigger and gauge.  And a waste of money if the system is leaking.

A full aircon check and regas is only £59 at Kwik Fit or ATS, and probably cheaper at other places.  There's a garage in Chesterfield that sometimes does a £25 groupon deal.

I knew mine was not leaking though as I disturbed the system so like I say it did mine no problem 

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car a few weeks, it has 10 months MOT on it and well looked after. I have noticed on a few occasions (getting into gear after stopping at lights, and a roundabout, and once trying to reverse off my drive) that it would not go into 1st or reverse. Which caused several irate drivers to beep etc. Eventually after a few clutch pumps it was ok. 
When I was trying to reverse off the drive, it was not having it at all, not even 1st gear. Yet when the engine was off it went through all the gears. I switched the engine off, swore a lot, and tried again and it was fine It has happened today as well, I would say it happens once a week. The fluid level is fine, I was told to take the cap off and get someone to slowly pump the clutch to see if any air bubbles came out through the fluid (it didn’t) I also checked up the clutch pedal and no drips of fluid etc. 
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. It’s doing my head in! And I am wary it’ll happen at the worst possible moment and I will get rear ended 
Thanks in advance.

On 17/06/2020 at 22:21, speleo1 said:

Probably clutch on way out, or maybe worn gear link bushes you said it was looked after with 10 months MOT what's the mileage.

I stopped responding to the type of post you have responded to. Not very helpfull, no make or model, no petrol or diesel. For some strange reason people think every car is the same. Has it got a concentric release bearing? Has it got a dual mass flywheel? no information = no help = no response. :)  

• 4 months later...

Problem with car hyundai i20 petrol 1.4 2011 model exhaust rattle and a knocking from somewhere in engine when cold decided id chuck some cataclean through it hey presto no more knock or exhaust rattle problem is it only lasts a month then needs more cataclean by this description anyone any clues to cause I've asked a few garages they not a clue  any help welcome cheers

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Have you serviced it recently?  Check if it has a fuel filter and replace that too.

Also try some super unleaded to see if that works better.

I tried it recently on super unleaded it was better ill try fuel filter see if that helps cheers