Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Everytime its wet on roads i get 2 lights on abs and esp never seems to do it in the dry atleast not yet just turn ignition off and on it goes away for days had codes scanned nothing shows really bugging me now had car 3 years and it only started 3 months ago anyone any hints where to look

23 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

Everytime its wet on roads i get 2 lights on abs and esp never seems to do it in the dry atleast not yet just turn ignition off and on it goes away for days had codes scanned nothing shows really bugging me now had car 3 years and it only started 3 months ago anyone any hints where to look

Might just be wheels spinning and not being able to grip in wet. Could also be water getting in to sensor 

Edited by rudds1

On 31/12/2020 at 13:27, Hans-solo said:

You will get a better response if you include details of car make model engine etc good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

HelloI have had my Skoda Scala about 7 months and filled about with the view at the dashboard for the driver in front of the steering wheel and can't seem to get the true mileage back on I can get the trip milometer on miles-per-gallon everything else but I just can't find the total mileage so looking for someone who can help me get that back on an advise whether the engine needs to be running or off many thanks

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Floozie said:

HelloI have had my Skoda Scala about 7 months and filled about with the view at the dashboard for the driver in front of the steering wheel and can't seem to get the true mileage back on I can get the trip milometer on miles-per-gallon everything else but I just can't find the total mileage so looking for someone who can help me get that back on an advise whether the engine needs to be running or off many thanks

Isn’t that in the hand book ?

Click on the Scala and put in year etc or put your VIN number in.

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of minor but annoying issues with my 13 plate Astra and am looking for some advice. I keep getting a warning that the coolant level is low ( it's checked regularly and never needs topping up ). The other issue is that the temperature display shows between 28-30 degrees even though it's more like 3-4 degrees.

On 23/01/2021 at 16:14, charliewag said:

I have a couple of minor but annoying issues with my 13 plate Astra and am looking for some advice. I keep getting a warning that the coolant level is low ( it's checked regularly and never needs topping up ). The other issue is that the temperature display shows between 28-30 degrees even though it's more like 3-4 degrees.

Sounds like defective sender units on both items 

On 23/01/2021 at 16:14, charliewag said:

If the expansion tank is between max and min then there could be a fault with the level sensor, If my memory serves well. Some Astras did also need a sensor and expansion tank for this fault, but not sure on the era of this, maybe 2009/10? could be later. Also the the temperature gauge would not show 3 to 4 degrees, it would kick in at 30 degrees maybe. What temperature does it run at when it is up to temperature? Vauxhall's usually run at about 90 degrees when fully warmed up. 

Edited by Dardandec