Should we have more veg and fruit community gardens ?

Any spare land will be used to build 'luxury apartments' or 'executive homes'.

Where I live they are getting rid of the allotments to build the aforementioned.

Until we get a decent government this country will continue to degenerate until selling out to the americans will seem like a welcome relief.

Wouldn't the selling of allotments be down to the local council, in sheffields case, a labour council? I'm not sure allotments we're in many party's election manefesto.

Wouldn't the selling of allotments be down to the local council, in sheffields case, a labour council? I'm not sure allotments we're in many party's election manefesto.

why sell the average is about £10 a year, if they were sold , there would be houses there, or the land banked. just keep in public ownership.

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 00:36 ----------

Whatever we do we won't be growing brocolli, courgettes, iceberg lettuces, aubergines, peppers etc in gardens in Sheffield in January / February :cool:

get used to using english season products, i guess what your saying you just got spoilt.

Can't we buy fruit and veg from countries such as America, Egypt, Australia or are we not allowed to do this because of EU rules? The cost of flying them into this country could put the price up a bit more.

When we leave the EU we need to be a bit more self sufficient and start to produce more in this country, even if it is not the more exotic food.

When we leave the EU we need to be a bit more self sufficient and start to produce more in this country, even if it is not the more exotic food.

Indeed, I expect Mother Theresa May will seize landbanked areas of the country and hand it over to subsistence farmers that will grow turnips, beetroot and sprouts all year round.

I hope you Brexiters are fully aware of the drop in living standards that could occur; just please don't blame the foreigners this time.

mmm... sprouts.

what shortage do you mean out of season veg friut food?

The imported stuff .

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 09:49 ----------

Can't we buy fruit and veg from countries such as America, Egypt, Australia or are we not allowed to do this because of EU rules? The cost of flying them into this country could put the price up a bit more.

Their is land but the government wants nice new shiny houses instead of food production great policy. :huh:

A lot of you seem to be revelling in some sort of perverted 'Dunkirk' spirit, as if we must hunker down in the face of unassailable odds, and make the best of things.

You are like someone who had burned his house down, and is sitting in the ashes shouting 'there, that showed you how much I needed you didn't it !!'

A lot of you seem to be revelling in some sort of perverted 'Dunkirk' spirit, as if we must hunker down in the face of unassailable odds, and make the best of things.

You are like someone who had burned his house down, and is sitting in the ashes shouting 'there, that showed you how much I needed you didn't it !!'

Brexit Food Security Policy:

Burn down your house (and your foreign neighbours').

Build an allotment amongst the ashes.

Grow sprouts.

Easy! Who needs foreign trade anyway?

mmm... sprouts.