Should we have more veg and fruit community gardens ?

First a shortage of lettuce, and now they're saying broccoli might be under threat.

FYI, people will still do smelly farts even if there's a shortage of sprouts!:hihi:

There was plenty of broccoli in the shops yesterday, although I noticed there was a price increase. Will just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

There was plenty of broccoli in the shops yesterday, although I noticed there was a price increase. Will just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Bless.

That's Brexit Policy for the forseeable future, isn't it?

Hey Nige', what's the economy gonna be like after Brexit ?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hey Nige', what's food security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', what's energy security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', what's world security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', do you have a clue what's going on ?

The Brexiters got us into this mess.

They can get us out, can't they ?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Indeed, I expect Mother Theresa May will seize landbanked areas of the country and hand it over to subsistence farmers that will grow turnips, beetroot and sprouts all year round.

I hope you Brexiters are fully aware of the drop in living standards that could occur; just please don't blame the foreigners this time.

mmm... sprouts.

Your user name says i it all.

The imported stuff .

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 09:49 ----------

Their is land but the government wants nice new shiny houses instead of food production great policy. :huh:

Thought there was something on the news last week, one MP calling on the Government to start building houses on the greenbelt.

Their is land but the government wants nice new shiny houses instead of food production great policy. :huh:

There is also plenty of farmland available that could be used for food production that is intentionally left fallow because it attracts EU subsidies.

There is also plenty of farmland available that could be used for food production that is intentionally left fallow because it attracts EU subsidies.

Yes there is farmland available that could be used.

I remember a few years ago being told, when Blair was MP, that farmers in this country were told not to grow food, also they were given subsidies to do this.

The reason was France was to be the main agricultural country and main exporter to EU countries, and the UK was to become a service country. I think Germany was to be an industrial country. Can't remember were I got this information from.

I wonder if anyone else knows if this is correct.

Yes there is farmland available that could be used.

I remember a few years ago being told, when Blair was MP, that farmers in this country were told not to grow food, also they were given subsidies to do this.

The reason was France was to be the main agricultural country and main exporter to EU countries, and the UK was to become a service country. I think Germany was to be an industrial country. Can't remember were I got this information from.

I wonder if anyone else knows if this is correct.

Sounds like ranting from Nigel, after a particularly good sniff at the barmaids apron.

I see apple trees around, and the fruit on them is just left to rot, too much like hard work, getting free apples.