How likely is it my car will sell?? high mileage 6 series BMW

After opinions on this from car people..

I have a 54 plate BMW 630i 3 litre Manual coupe. Full service history, one previous owner before me, full leather, sat nav, etc etc etc. These came fully loaded, it is a brilliant car but it has done 182000 miles.

The closest ones on Autotrader are 55 /56 plates and between 170k and 180k on the clock and these are up for £4500

Do people actually buy these cars???

I am trying to decide if I should take a poor part ex deal to get rid or try to sell it myself.

If I put it up at 4k do you think it would sell quickly or are they too niche?

I've tried looking on Ebay at completed listings but it isn't really any help.

Cheers

:)

Offered 2200 part exchange, the guy claimed they would be selling it for 3k which didn't really seen to fit with what they are listing at. What markup to garages expect to get when they take in cars? Obviously they take a risk as stuff could be wrong with it so I can appreciate they need to make a few quid or it isn't worth doing!

Offered 2200 part exchange, the guy claimed they would be selling it for 3k which didn't really seen to fit with what they are listing at. What markup to garages expect to get when they take in cars? Obviously they take a risk as stuff could be wrong with it so I can appreciate they need to make a few quid or it isn't worth doing!

They would probably market it at about £3500, the dealer will be happy to make a min of £1000 on your car.

I would list it on EBay with a minimum reserve of £3500 and sell it that way myself...

This one with 176k and 2005 model is listed for £4500= http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-BMW-6-Series-3-0-630i-2dr-Big-Spec-Drives-Great-/152412488448?hash=item237c7e0300:g:SbYAAOSw4DJYi15C

Edited by mafya

Full service history is always a good selling point with any car. I personally wont except anything less. Full service history is a sign it's been looked after. Some people think washing it on a Sunday morning fulfills this. Also people tend to up selling points like "Part service history" :loopy: full VOSA (Now DVSA) history, What the hell is that :suspect: don't all cars have DVSA history after 3 years old? Anyway, no, I don't think you will have any problems selling it private, might get a few tyre kickers along the way though. :hihi:

just sell it for the tadin price, let a petrol head get the benifit

I personally wouldn't pay £4500 for a car with 180k miles. It's on borrowed time now.

Also, you can get a <5 year old 1 series with <75K miles for under £7000 so I'm not sure who's going to buy the examples you found on autotrader.