Where has freecycle gone?

• 4 weeks later...

Today I got this in an e-mail:

Thanks for being a member of the Sheffield City Freecycle group. The group recently closed down on Yahoo Groups but it is still active on the trash nothing! site. To continue using the group, please join the group at the link below (or download the trash nothing! app):

https://trashnothing.com/sheffield-city-freecycle

What are the differences between that Freecycle list and the Sheffield-Freegle yahoo group list?

Today I got this in an e-mail:

What are the differences between that Freecycle list and the Sheffield-Freegle yahoo group list?

I got this email too, suspicious of it so visited here to see what was going on as I've only just noticed that the Yahoo group has closed. I think other groups will want to harvest old Yahoo members so like you I'm not sure who to go for!

I think its because Yahoo are struggling and constantly changing owners who keep cutting off bits of the company.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why one of the replacement lists ("Sheffield-Freegle") is a Yahoo group!