Is fruit juice good for you?

Thanks for that, but from my point of view, its not about calories, but its about the vitamins and other healthy ingredients.

It really is about the calories and the nutritional benefits are small. they can easily be had from other food sources. Drink it if you enjoy it, but dont overestimate the nutritional benefits because they arent that great.

I think fruit juice is healthy

By what measure?

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 22:48 ----------

100g of sugar = 380 calories, 98mg carbohydrate, 28mg sodium, calcium 8%RDA, iron 4%RDA, Glycemic load - 68

100g of fruit juice = 45 calories, 10mg carbohydrate, 1mg sodium, calcium 1%RDA, iron 1%RDA, vitamin A 4%RDA, vitamin C 83%RDA, Glycemic load - 4

Comparing those, fruit juice would be much healthier than a sugary drink.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1971/2

So it's 'healthier' than eating pure sugar. That doesn't make it healthy, nor is it a surprise.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 22:48 ----------

I eat no fresh fruit in a normal week, but I drink a small glass of fruit juice most days.

I have always done well in health tests, so I have no problem with blood sugar levels, so I hope fruit juice is good for me, but not good for someone that is over-weight.

What does hope have to do with it?

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 22:50 ----------

Thanks for that, but from my point of view, its not about calories, but its about the vitamins and other healthy ingredients.

So it's about as healthy as a can of coke and a multi-vitamin tablet together...

I don't quite understand what answer you want, were you hoping that "fruit juice is healthy, the more the better" was the answer?

So it's 'healthier' than eating pure sugar. That doesn't make it healthy, nor is it a surprise.

So it's about as healthy as a can of coke and a multi-vitamin tablet together...

I don't quite understand what answer you want, were you hoping that "fruit juice is healthy, the more the better" was the answer?

Fruit juice is 1 of your 5 per day, so by that it is healthy.

But yet my colleagues have been told it is bad for you.

Many do not take multi-vitamins, do you get all that you need, or do you take tablets?

Many do not take multi-vitamins, do you get all that you need, or do you take tablets?

The question has been answered, it's more healthy than a can of sugary pop (or other drink high in sugars), but less healthy than just eating the fruit.

You make me laugh El Cid.

You ask a question usually about a subject you dont understand.

People explain the answer to you.

You then start arguing with them even though its clear you havent understood what people have told you.

Rinse and repeat.

You make me laugh El Cid.

You ask a question usually about a subject you dont understand.

People explain the answer to you.

You then start arguing with them even though its clear you havent understood what people have told you.

I am glad you find it amusing.

The reason that I asked, was for my work colleagues, they swear blind the the Slimming club has told them that the juice from a fruit increases in calories and turns to bad sugar, once it is squeezed from the fruit.

They totally believe their Slimming coach, because they dont tell lies ;)

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 10:52 ----------

The question has been answered, it's more healthy than a can of sugary pop (or other drink high in sugars), but less healthy than just eating the fruit.

Yes indeed, its healthy so long as your overall consumption of sugar is not excessive; but then you should not cut down on the juice, but cut down on the chocolate ;)

The reason that I asked, was for my work colleagues, they swear blind the the Slimming club has told them that the juice from a fruit increases in calories and turns to bad sugar, once it is squeezed from the fruit.

Yes indeed, its healthy so long as your overall consumption of sugar is not excessive; but then you should not cut down on the juice, but cut down on the chocolate ;)

You didn't say that in the OP, you said 'they think that fruit juice is just like a sugary drink. Which it is, because it is in fact a sugary drink.

Likewise if you drink a can of coke but your overall consumption of sugar is not excessive then that's fine too. As is a slice of chocolate cake.

You make no sense.

You havent really taken on what people have explained to you.

It looks like either the slimming coach, your colleagues or you have explained it poorly. I really wouldnt put stock in any of your explanations.

If they are losing weight, then they are better off avoiding fruit juices and sticking to water. There arent really enough benefits and they can be obtained from other sources.

You havent really taken on what people have explained to you.

It looks like either the slimming coach, your colleagues or you have explained it poorly. I really wouldnt put stock in any of your explanations.

If they are losing weight, then they are better off avoiding fruit juices and sticking to water. There arent really enough benefits and they can be obtained from other sources.

The NHS gives a list of foods that contain vitamin C, I rarely eat any of them, potato is maybe the one that I eat most, but not often.

Check the list, for people that dont eat much fruit.

oranges

red and green peppers

strawberries

blackcurrants

broccoli

brussels sprouts

potatoes