Is fruit juice good for you?

I am glad you find it amusing.

The reason that I asked, was for my work colleagues, they swear blind the the Slimming club has told them that the juice from a fruit increases in calories and turns to bad sugar, once it is squeezed from the fruit.

They totally believe their Slimming coach, because they dont tell lies ;)

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 10:52 ----------

Yes indeed, its healthy so long as your overall consumption of sugar is not excessive; but then you should not cut down on the juice, but cut down on the chocolate ;)

Things are not "health or unhealthy" there is no simple black/white scale. It's a sliding scale and it depends on the level of consumption.

Obviously the juice from a fruit doesn't change on being squeezed nor does it increase in calories. It's GI load goes up and you break it down to simple sugars in your body much faster and you can consume much more of it than you would eating the fruit. If it's boxed fruit juice it probably does have added sugar as well...

Is it a fruit drink if it's entirely artificial?

Not really. Tasting of fruit is not what should makes it a "fruit" drink; but 'fruit drink' is a legally-defined phrase connoting containment of at least a proportion of fruit. Other such phrases- meaning different proportions- are 'fruit cordial' and 'fruit squash'. No, I've no idea of precise definitions!