Fund the NHS adequately

Why are non NHS contributors more prone to accidents and emergencies?

Why do you think the figure is higher than 0.30%?

Are you an A&E worker or do you spend a lot of time there?

Many can't speak English and have to check in with the interpreter service and use the A&E because they are ,for one reason or another , not registered with a GP.

Edited by choogling

It is still below inflation at the current rate, for those that will only get the 6.5%, and they have to wait 3 years. I personally think this it's a bad deal.

compared to recent years our inflation rate is low, so if/when inflation rises what have they got?

I agree.

It has surprised me that there has been a lack of scrutiny by the media. Is 6.5% below inflation, the BBC haven't said either way.

I believe it may well be below inflation, it now stands at 2.6%, I believe that the GMB have said its a bad deal.

The deal is tiered with the lowest-paid in each job receiving the biggest rise.

So that means doctors and nurses will get well below 6.5%, and there is a recruitment problem.

Many can't speak English and have to check in with the interpreter service and use the A&E because they are ,for one reason or anther , not registered with a GP.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

If you were in a foreign country and had a medical emergency would you go to a hospital.

Would you be able to converse in Spanish,French,German,Dutch etc or would you hope to be able to speak to someone in English.

I would hope that our NHS would deal with all emergencies,and point out the appropriate action for those who mis use A&E.

I agree.

It has surprised me that there has been a lack of scrutiny by the media. Is 6.5% below inflation, the BBC haven't said either way.

I believe it may well be below inflation, it now stands at 2.6%, I believe that the GMB have said its a bad deal.

So that means doctors and nurses will get well below 6.5%, and there is a recruitment problem.

6.5% is the minimum. Nurses with one year’s experince are getting a 21% payrise.

I agree.

Head of the nursing union says its a good deal . Is that not enough for you ?

I agree.

Nobody is getting less than 6.5%

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

If you were in a foreign country and had a medical emergency would you go to a hospital.

Would you be able to converse in Spanish,French,German,Dutch etc or would you hope to be able to speak to someone in English.

I would hope that our NHS would deal with all emergencies,and point out the appropriate action for those who mis use A&E.

I would estimate 50% of patients are miss-using A&E.

I would estimate 50% of patients are miss-using A&E.

And what is your estimate based on?

Are you referring to people who have not paid into the NHS,or those who use A&E for minor ailments,imagined ailments ,alcohol abuse etc.

Edited by RJRB

The right people decide what they need and make a request, this then goes to the wrong people and the gravy train starts to gather speed. By the time the right people receive what they need the wrong people have made a fortune.

I realise that this might sound a little simplistic, but why don’t the powers that be replace the wrong people with the right people? :confused: