Job hunting / job market

Okay, so are you actually a DBA?

Again, plenty of jobs that are 9-5, and probably plenty that also include some on-call rota.

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 10:04 ----------

You don't bring in proof for things you don't have though, like an overseas income or premium bonds or all the rest of it.

well no but if you do you have to take it, they want to know EVERYTHING you have

So you need ID, and proof of income and/or employment status... Most of what you list won't apply to most people at a guess.

I imagine most people who have worked for some years will have savings, especially those over 50. It's worth remembering that most of those probably won't qualify for any help.

Okay, so are you actually a DBA?

Again, plenty of jobs that are 9-5, and probably plenty that also include some on-call rota.

Yes, but it is Oracle on Linux type O/S though. No windows or SQL server knowledge. Most of the jobs I've seen on jobsites are looking for SQL server.

---------- Post added 13-02-2017 at 10:04 ----------

Plenty of work out there for experienced sysops.

Not sysops if you mean system admin, although I do have a good working knowledge of unix type O/S.

hmmm its gone weird, or a little confusing.

today i had a phonecall from the HR lady with our group of companies asking if i would be interested in going in to their other factory tommorow for a days unpaid trial, it may lead to 2 weeks work ...............which, could in the long term lead to another full time job if im any good at it.

Now, i said yes, but after i was speaking to a former workmate who was made redundent too and it dawned on me before i left id heard rumours if you start back with the same company you lose your redundency.

so i phoned her back and eventually she rang me back, so i asked her, she said

A: its a different company (as theres 3 companies in the group owned by the same owner, 2 in one building and 1 in the other), i was made redundent from the single company factory and gonna do a trial at one of the other companies in the other factory, they make cable couplings and fastenings etc

B: she said its going through and she wouldnt let 2 weeks work affect mi pay as i may need that after as of yet im not even getting dole.

• 2 weeks later...
any update on your progress so far mel?

yup, done 2 weeks and been told im not getting kept on after it, apparently due to not enough work, yet the actual workers have moaned for two weeks that theres far too much work and too little staff Oo

yup, done 2 weeks and been told im not getting kept on after it, apparently due to not enough work, yet the actual workers have moaned for two weeks that theres far too much work and too little staff Oo

Feel for you Mel. Rubbish situation when someone really wants to work but can't get a job. keep your chin up and keep trying kid.:thumbsup:

Did you get paid for your two weeks, or did they get it for free?

A well known ploy of some unscrupulous companies is to keep 'trying out' people on a continuous basis for free labour.