Iresa Energy. Are they any good?

Does anyone have their energy from this company? http://www.iresa.co.uk/ I am thinking of going with them for my Gas and Electric. I am just a little wary about going with such a small company. Their prices seem quite good.

You're well protected by the regulatory system even if your supplier gets into some kind of difficulty.

I went with gb energy who then went bust but it I still saved a bunch of money and endured basically zero ball ache.

Whatever is chespest go for it.

I presume you've checked with uswitch that they're the best for you.

Just checked uSwitch and Scottishpower are coming top for me with Iresa a very close second. Do I go for the well known one or take a chance?

You're well protected in either case. But if scottishpower are cheaper then why not. Scottish power aren't going anywhere.

Be sure to check again in a year as things change.

Just checked uSwitch and Scottishpower are coming top for me with Iresa a very close second. Do I go for the well known one or take a chance?

I think uSwitch are taking you for a ride. For Sheffiled postcodes Scottish Power's best quote is

Electirc:

Daily charge 19.18p per day

Unit charge 12.49p per kWh

Early exist: £30

Gas:

Unit charge 2.862p per kWh

Early exist fee: £30

Iresa for the same area quotes:

Electric:

Daily charge 13.43p per day

Unit charge 10.90p per kWh

Early exist fee: £0

Gas:

Daily charge 17.11p per day

Unit charge 2.572p per kWh

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that ScottishPower pays commission to uSwitch, while Iresa doesn't pay any commission to any price comparison site, as it helps them keep their prices down.

In any case Iresa don't have any early exit fee, so it's actually less risky to go with them

I switched to Iresa Energy last November. Log on to their web site and get a quote.They were cheaper by far than any of the biggies for me. I was with GB Energy who went into receivership during my transfer. I was in credit with them but lucki;y, after many e mails I received my monies last week.

No problems as yet with Iresa.

I think uSwitch are taking you for a ride. For Sheffiled postcodes Scottish Power's best quote is

Electirc:

Unit charge 12.49p per kWh

Early exist: £30

Gas:

Unit charge 2.862p per kWh

Early exist fee: £30

Iresa for the same area quotes:

Electric:

Daily charge 13.43p per day

Unit charge 10.90p per kWh

Gas:

Daily charge 17.11p per day

Unit charge 2.572p per kWh

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that ScottishPower pays commission to uSwitch, while Iresa doesn't pay any commission to any price comparison site, as it helps them keep their prices down.

In any case Iresa don't have any early exit fee, so it's actually less risky to go with them

The price I got off Scottishpower are nothing like what you have quoted. As stated, the price increased, luckily the day after I signed up with them so it won't affect me because I signed up on a fixed tariff. The tariff I signed up for finishes on 30th June 2018. After that I may look in to Iresa Energy again.

I signed up with Scottish Power with, I think, the same tariff as Kidneystone. It's fixed until June 2018. The gas is 3.147p per kilowatt & elec is 14.886p per kilowatt. The standing charge for both is 8.22p per day.

The unit prices are actually more than I was paying at EDF, (gas was 1.99p per kw & elec was 10.69p per kw)but it's the standing charges that were the real joke. Gas was 25p a day & elec was 19p a day.

Last summer my gas bill with EDF was £42.39. I was charged £12.64 for gas used & £29.75 for the standing charge. This was for 119 days. The electric bill was similar.

I am a very low energy user, especially gas. If you're the same, then go for a tariff with lower standing charges. I was also on EDF's cheapest tariff, apparently. Uswitch showed I could save &107 a year just by switching.