Would you take in an homeless person if you had a spare room?

I was wondering if people were prepared to find a way to pay for it instead of just being emotional without any thought of practicalities.

Not whether we should be accepting these children or not, that is a completely different subject.

What do you think ?

I think that we're a rich country that can afford to pay for a few refugee's and should do so inline with basic morality and our international obligations.

I'm happy that my share of tax is spent on it.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that we're a rich country that can afford to pay for a few refugee's and should do so inline with basic morality and our international obligations.

I'm happy that my share of tax is spent on it.

It's not just a few though,watched Ross Kemp last night and the Lybian coast guard saved 700 in one night,we need to sort the countries they've come from so they don't want to leave,how to do it is a different story.

We were talking about refugee children and you then said you'd seen a program where there were 700 in one night.

I watched that programme. In fairness it was one boat in one area in one night. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that other boats (and this was a Libyan boat rather than the far great European effort in international waters) picked up another 700 and so on.

I'd watch the programme if you can, both the numbers and conditions were staggering.