Would you buy a High end Mobile off Sheffield Forum?

Game and places like that do second hand phones - I'd go there over somebody from here (long standing members aside - although even then, what do you do if it developed a fault?).

CEX now offer 2 years warranty on everything, if you buy a phone off someone on SF and it stops working after 6 months then I doubt you have any redress.

I mean the latest phone within a short period of time of release. E.g. within a few months of the latest iPhone release. This may not be what the OP was referring to though.

Probably not. They said "High end", not "The latest, just released phone".

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 10:01 ----------

CEX now offer 2 years warranty on everything, if you buy a phone off someone on SF and it stops working after 6 months then I doubt you have any redress.

None at all if it just breaks, if it's blocked however then that's a form of fraud and you have legal redress.

My thoughts was to buy a S6 Edge or S7 for her of here. I seen a few for sale on here and thought about buying off here. Then i saw the thread about a phone been blocked and the buyer was out by hundreds. I been stung myself but not off here. But you see phones selling on here, so people must be buying the. I will buy from a shop seems safer.

My thoughts was to buy a S6 Edge or S7 for her of here. I seen a few for sale on here and thought about buying off here. Then i saw the thread about a phone been blocked and the buyer was out by hundreds. I been stung myself but not off here. But you see phones selling on here, so people must be buying the. I will buy from a shop seems safer.

On that thread there are certain registers you can check.

What you can also do is get yourself a receipt plus something that confirms by them it is their property, owned wholly by them etc and not part of a credit agreement.

make sure payment is traceable.

make sure you know who you are dealing with.

Its possible to do such a transaction if both parties are keen,

I'll be selling mine in August, hopefully my long standing account is enough to give people some confidence.