Tents on Park Sq Roundabout

Glad to see you find it funny and hope you never end up in the same situation :suspect:

If the Roma can get houses why can't these homeless:huh: also there seems to be enough bleeding hearted liberals to house them.

They aren't homeless..

"...Outreach workers have spent a lot of time at Tent City and, to the very best of our knowledge, everyone sleeping there either has somewhere to stay or has been offered accommodation...."

Attention seeking "protest" which provides an unnecessary and unhelpful distraction from those who are GENUINE street homeless and GENUNIELY need more help than they currently receive.

It's already been shifted once. The underlying causes clearly need addressing, you can't just make a problem go away by moving it.
Yes very true, the current location is dangerous though for the occupiers.it is obviously strategically positioned for impact and for recognition of the problems.The council need to find them a safer area straight away and maybe look at getting some of them temporary accomadation.I don't think the council give a toss though!

If the Roma can get houses why can't these homeless:huh: also there seems to be enough bleeding hearted liberals to house them.

If they have drinking and or drugs problems there is little you can do.

Unless they decide to come off it themselves and are committed to not fall back in addiction again.

Long time ago I had a family member who had problems and I tried to help. There is nothing you can do about it unless they do it themselves.

If they have drinking and or drugs problems there is little you can do.

Unless they decide to come off it themselves and are committed to not fall back in addiction again.

Long time ago I had a family member who had problems and I tried to help. There is nothing you can do about it unless they do it themselves.

This is untrue. Yes, you can't help someone if they don't want help, but equally we can't expect people with major problems to make the first steps towards recovery without support, it's too much to do on your own.

This is untrue. Yes, you can't help someone if they don't want help, but equally we can't expect people with major problems to make the first steps towards recovery without support, it's too much to do on your own.

Support for recovery should be available on professional levels. Without the help to come back giving them housing by itself is not enough.

Even the neighbours have to be very understanding of the unusual circumstances of living next to a recovering addict or it will not work.

Support for recovery should be available on professional levels. Without the help to come back giving them housing by itself is not enough.

Even the neighbours have to be very understanding of the unusual circumstances of living next to a recovering addict or it will not work.

I completely agree, the problem is there is not enough coordination of support services. For example, if you have an alcohol problem it is almost impossible to get a mental health service, even if a person's alcohol problem is a result of their mental health problem. It makes no sense.

Sheffield canal has some nice spots to put a tent up . There's even cctv at places that can keep an eye on there tents + belongings . Why would you wanna pitch it up on a polluted roundabout. If it was me I'd wanna be somewhere where you could light a fire . If you need any help moving . Give me a shout . I can also teach you to fish . ???