The great alcohol debate

Is alcohol good or bad for you?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is alcohol good or bad for you?

• Yes it is and beneficial to health
    • No it's not good for health
    • Should carry a warning like cigarettes does
    • Government limits are waste of time

It will not be long before the do gooders are running our lives completely, what happened to personal choice.

Why should these do gooders be allowed to tell me what is good for me and what is not. They are a pain in the arras.

Angel1.

Robin-H is only trying to help ;)

I wasn't asking about those that are addicted, many drink in excess.

Many people do many things in excess, assuming that they have mental capacity then they are adults and morally we have no grounds to overrule choices they make.

The only preventative measure we should take is to ensure that sufficient tax is charged to cover the likely cost of treatment (when averaged over all drinkers).

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 13:51 ----------

Why should these do gooders be allowed to tell me what is good for me and what is not. They are a pain in the arras.

Angel1.

What's good and what isn't good for you isn't determined by "do gooders" or "do badders", it just is. The fact that someone tells you that something is harmful or not doesn't mean that it wasn't harmful or not before, they're just helping you to be more informed.

What's good and what isn't good for you isn't determined by "do gooders" or "do badders", it just is. The fact that someone tells you that something is harmful or not doesn't mean that it wasn't harmful or not before, they're just helping you to be more informed.

Children get taught about their 5 per day in school and the Healthy Eating Pyramid.

Some animals eat instinctively, humans it seems are taught by "do gooders" what they should eat!

Children get taught about their 5 per day in school and the Healthy Eating Pyramid.

Some animals eat instinctively, humans it seems are taught by "do gooders" what they should eat!

Can you identify any animals other than humans that have a daily choice of food from the supermarket (or take away), or do the majority of animals have to eat what they can either find or catch? :roll:

It will not be long before the do gooders are running our lives completely, what happened to personal choice.

Angel1.

You still have personal choice

You just now have INFORMED personal choice.

Is that not better? (Speaking as a regular imbiber of alcohol to levels that don't make me pass out or act like an arse* but would alarm any medical profession)

*any more than normal

Can you identify any animals other than humans that have a daily choice of food from the supermarket (or take away), or do the majority of animals have to eat what they can either find or catch? :roll:

Dogs, cats and many livestock eat an un-natural diet, because people feed them a cheaper, more convenient option.

What is a natural healthy diet for human, I havnt a clue, there was a fad of the Paleolithic diet.

You still have personal choice

You just now have INFORMED personal choice.

Is that not better? (Speaking as a regular imbiber of alcohol to levels that don't make me pass out or act like an arse* but would alarm any medical profession)

*any more than normal

You should visit the other thread 'to drink on the weekend' and say hello to Owethemnowt LOL :bigsmile: Give yourself an hour or two to read his rants :rant:

Dogs, cats and many livestock eat an un-natural diet, because people feed them a cheaper, more convenient option.

What is a natural healthy diet for human, I havnt a clue, there was a fad of the Paleolithic diet.

So you are now saying that if a dog is offered junk food that it will eat it, so perhaps the dog, just like the human needs education too huh? But, yes there are plenty of faddy diets out there strangely though the paleo diet is probably a decent one in a way. Whilst the foods we have eaten have changed over the years our digestive systems haven't, so eating the foods that our ancestors would have had access to and only those isn't at crazy as it may seem. However, I like bacon too much to give it a try!