Where can I get a passport application form

I did say I wasn't 100% sure and I was surprised in fact to hear it, as Lincoln is not all that small a town at all. It's not just a county town but an historic city. It's not like it's Holbeach or anything. This guy said he had to go to Peterborough to get a passport, which seemed to me somewhat excessive. Perhaps the moral of the story is to be sceptical about anything you hear about in some bar in the Philippines.

Oh, he was confused then, and was talking about a Passport Customer Service Centre, where you'd go to get a passport on the spot instead of applying by post. There's only about 6 of those in the country.

it's not as easy as it used to be to get at least replacement for a damaged passport on the spot. They changed the rules a few years ago and you can longer be so confident of getting a passport after waiting at an office for only a few hours.

I know it was careless, but I had to replace two damaged passports in 18 months, in 2014 and 2016 the first time I had to go directly to the Liverpool passport office. I was mortified to discover that they couldn't replace a damaged passport on the same day like they could before. It cost me quite a lot of cash in a hotel in Liverpool, train fares to and fro and so on.