Paul Nuttall UKIP Leader - Billy Liar

Farage is really a right wing Tory, an expensively educated £36,000 a year Public School in Greenwich and an ex- Stockbroker who wears tweeds flat caps etc, incidentally the image that Billy Liar tried to cultivate in Stoke. It now appears that he's quite sneery to UKIP members

He's achieved his goals, any working class person that buys into the current UKIP paradigm of becoming the party of the working class needs to look at themselves, everyone knows that's the Conservatives :hihi:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/01/douglas-carswell-never-really-left-the-tory-party-claims-nigel-farage

Meanwhile,2 political opportunists slag each other off as to which one is the most opportunistic of them,while Carswell does okey cokey politics for the good of his own career.

Plus,further confirmation from Farage that Brexit,was,and still is,all about immigration:

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme amid reports that Carswell is in talks with the Tories about switching back, Farage said: “The time has now come to have a clean break. To make sure we don’t have influences like Carswell taking us away from the key arguments like immigration.”

“There have been some in Ukip who want to turn us into a mainstream political party with very bland messages and I would say Ukip is a radical party or it is nothing.”

He added: “This question of immigration is still the number one issue in the minds of voters in this country. Ukip must not be squeamish about it. People like Douglas Carswell wrote in the Times last year we should not make immigration synonymous with EU membership. I thought crikey ‘I have spent 10 years trying to do that very thing’.”

Edited by chalga

I knew Paul Nuttall was a liar when I watched him on question time shortly after the referendum. He was asked about the petition (for a second referendum) which had 4 million signatures, and his reply was something along the lines :

"Widespread fraud has been proved, only a few tens of thousands genuinely signed that petition"

Well I knew at least 6 people within my own circle of friends and family who had signed so the 4 million figure was quite tenable, in fact more or less what one would expect. So, our old mate Paul just made it up, like so much else he`s been subsequently proved to have made up.....

---------- Post added 01-03-2017 at 09:23 ----------

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/01/douglas-carswell-never-really-left-the-tory-party-claims-nigel-farage

Meanwhile,2 political opportunists slag each other off as to which one is the most opportunistic of them,while Carswell does okey cokey politics for the good of his own career.

Plus,further confirmation from Farage that Brexit,was,and still is,all about immigration:

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme amid reports that Carswell is in talks with the Tories about switching back, Farage said: “The time has now come to have a clean break. To make sure we don’t have influences like Carswell taking us away from the key arguments like immigration.”

“There have been some in Ukip who want to turn us into a mainstream political party with very bland messages and I would say Ukip is a radical party or it is nothing.”

He added: “This question of immigration is still the number one issue in the minds of voters in this country. Ukip must not be squeamish about it. People like Douglas Carswell wrote in the Times last year we should not make immigration synonymous with EU membership. I thought crikey ‘I have spent 10 years trying to do that very thing’.”

I`ve no time for UKIP, but I don`t think it`s right to call Douglas Carswell a political opportunist. When he moved over to UKIP he did at least stand in a by election. Plus, anyone who Farage dislikes has to be OK !

Edited by Justin Smith

I

I`ve no time for UKIP, but I don`t think it`s right to call Douglas Carswell a political opportunist. When he moved over to UKIP he did at least stand in a by election. Plus, anyone who Farage dislikes has to be OK !

You are kidding aren't you? Carswell jumped to UKIP to ride that wave and now they failed to win in Stoke and he realises he's got no chance of getting elected while standing for UKIP he wants to flip back to the Tories. That is the definition of an opportunistic. Hopefully he ends up partyless and penniless.

We don't want him back! UKIP is a great dumping ground for those racist old school Tories who were holding the party back.

Is Carswell a racist ? Like I said, I`m no fan of his, but some of the stuff he`s said seemed reasonably inclusive, compared to much of UKIP`s output anyway.

Farage will be back like a shot as soon as he sees his next chance in the next couple of years while Brexit is ongoing,or after the final result is known,He's already sounding the warning bell for the way he can see things going:

Asked about Ukip’s future as Britain begins to leave the EU, Farage said: “We are the turkeys that have voted for Christmas.”

But he added: “At the moment there is huge trust in Theresa May to deliver Brexit, but I think already we are beginning to see concessions being made, over fishing, the fact that she wants to stay in the European arrest warrant. My guess is that a year down the road there will be a lot of people who very frustrated with the Brexit process. So Ukip needs to bide its time and get its messages right.”

Farage will be back like a shot as soon as he sees his next chance in the next couple of years while Brexit is ongoing,or after the final result is known,He's already sounding the warning bell for the way he can see things going:

Asked about Ukip’s future as Britain begins to leave the EU, Farage said: “We are the turkeys that have voted for Christmas.”

But he added: “At the moment there is huge trust in Theresa May to deliver Brexit, but I think already we are beginning to see concessions being made, over fishing, the fact that she wants to stay in the European arrest warrant. My guess is that a year down the road there will be a lot of people who very frustrated with the Brexit process. So Ukip needs to bide its time and get its messages right.”

Well that`s a classic case of how things look different from the other side ! Concessions to the 48% who voted to remain ? ! ? So far they`re very much conspicuous by their absence. Part of the reason I`m so disillusioned with the whole thing, and I mean British democracy...........

Well that`s a classic case of how things look different from the other side ! Concessions to the 48% who voted to remain ? ! ? So far they`re very much conspicuous by their absence. Part of the reason I`m so disillusioned with the whole thing, and I mean British democracy...........

That's because most of your 48% are not interested in reversing or watering down Brexit. They believe in democracy.

It is you that is protesting against democracy.

Can't you see this ?