Who are the real "progressives"?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/police-reviewing-controversial-use-of-trades-union-legislation-to-arrest-sheffield-tree-protesters-1-8397299

When they are using anti trade union laws to arrest people complaining about trees being cut down, you know the odds are stacked well and truly against you.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/police-reviewing-controversial-use-of-trades-union-legislation-to-arrest-sheffield-tree-protesters-1-8397299

When they are using anti trade union laws to arrest people complaining about trees being cut down, you know the odds are stacked well and truly against you.

Yes. Sheffield council should be quite ashamed of themselves.

I expect that these arrests will be ruled illegal and that the government will have to review the statutes to make sure that such abuses of power are not repeated.

Those points do not address the points that I made.

The 'equalities manifesto' was launched by the Conservatives when they were not in government, but campaigning for the 2010 election (it was launched by Theresa May). It has nothing at all to do with the Lib Dems.

It therefore follows that the Lib Dems did not lay out a 'very clear course' for Cameron regarding gay marriage. It was already on the agenda to reclassify civil partnerships as marriages before they were in coalition with the Lib Dems.

The bill would have passed easily even if every Lib Dem had voted against it.

It was the LibDems that put the Tories in a position to do something and it was the LibDems that forced the hand. You believe whatever you want to, I'll believe what I know.

It was the LibDems that put the Tories in a position to do something and it was the LibDems that forced the hand. You believe whatever you want to, I'll believe what I know.

Well okay.

This belief must come from somewhere though.

If you could tell us where then perhaps we'd come to agree.

Then explain to me how the Lib Dems forced their hand?

As I have already pointed out, it wasn't even part of the coalition agreement, and so wasn't one of the pledges that the Lib Dems brought to government. It was an idea that the Conservative party mentioned during their election campaign. Nothing to do with the Lib Dems.

I have also pointed that that if every single Lib Dem MP voted against the bill it still would have easily passed. It did not pass because the of the Lib Dems. So again, how did the Lib Dems force their hand?

You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

Yes. Sheffield council should be quite ashamed of themselves.

I expect that these arrests will be ruled illegal and that the government will have to review the statutes to make sure that such abuses of power are not repeated.

I would hope so.

But be that as it may, it enabled the police to remove those people for as long as it took.

The fact that it was about trees, is really neither here nor there.

The point is, they are manipulating current laws to remove liberty from people going about lawful activities.

I would hope so.

But be that as it may, it enabled the police to remove those people for as long as it took.

The fact that it was about trees, is really neither here nor there.

The point is, they are manipulating current laws to remove liberty from people going about lawful activities.

I don't think people realise how much this is happening what with secret courts, surveillance and the like. You have to come across it to believe it.

[/b]

I don't think people realise how much this is happening what with secret courts, surveillance and the like. You have to come across it to believe it.

Do tell. How many cases? How many of those cases are high profile or involve national security both real and imagined?

In other news "progressives" have banded together to get piers Morgan to drop out of a presenting gig. The crime they're pinning on him is that he's defending trump. To be fair, the most I've seen him say is to give trump time, but on the other hand I try to avoid anything piers Morgan says because he's an odious, poisonous bully who makes me want to commit violent acts, mainly against piers Morgan. I like the fact he's being deprived a fee paying gig (although he did offer to do it for free when he realised the strength of feeling against him) but it's this sort of division (over some telly awards ffs) that does the country no good at all.

Let him present it, every winner could get up and throw insults at him. Or rocks. Pushing him out....I'm not sure.

Do tell. How many cases? How many of those cases are high profile or involve national security both real and imagined?

In other news "progressives" have banded together to get piers Morgan to drop out of a presenting gig. The crime they're pinning on him is that he's defending trump. To be fair, the most I've seen him say is to give trump time, but on the other hand I try to avoid anything piers Morgan says because he's an odious, poisonous bully who makes me want to commit violent acts, mainly against piers Morgan. I like the fact he's being deprived a fee paying gig (although he did offer to do it for free when he realised the strength of feeling against him) but it's this sort of division (over some telly awards ffs) that does the country no good at all.

Let him present it, every winner could get up and throw insults at him. Or rocks. Pushing him out....I'm not sure.

Regarding Trump, and his apologists such as this Piers Morgans guy.

I think if Trump conducted himself in a more responsible, respectful manner, that people would give him a little benefit of the doubt.

But loud mouthed disrespectful bullies are disliked by decent people.

The only type of people who admire them are people with similar attitudes.

Trump does not deserve any leeway, and should be replaced by someone who can represent the type of people who elevated him to power.

But that person should not be a ranting, semi literate maniac.

Regarding Trump, and his apologists such as this Piers Morgans guy.

I think if Trump conducted himself in a more responsible, respectful manner, that people would give him a little benefit of the doubt.

But loud mouthed disrespectful bullies are disliked by decent people.

The only type of people who admire them are people with similar attitudes.

Trump does not deserve any leeway, and should be replaced by someone who can represent the type of people who elevated him to power.

But that person should not be a ranting, semi literate maniac.

i thought the people did that