Bloody Buses are expensive!

PeteC

I pay £60 a month for my travel pass, i can use first or terrier buses as well as supertram. I wouldnt mind paying this half as much if the first buses actually turned up on time, or even at all sometimes!!

You'll be paying more soon... they're going up to 67 quid on 28th May....

:loopy: I moved here from Manchester where there are a number of different bus companies, and if you bought each of their weekly passes it would still only cost you £12 with the cheapest being £3. While some routes are overcrowded, they are always on time and value for money. Because of this, I object to the prices here, especially as they don't in any way reflect the quality of the service provided - buses that are never on time, rude drivers, single-deckers when a double-decker is needed, they are often dirty and genereally not a pleasent experience. It seems ridiculous, that it is cheaper to drive and pay to park in town - especially if there is more than 1 person travelling - in this supposed 'green' era. :rant:

I find most of the drivers pleasant, esp compared to London lol!! But yeah, there are a few w****rs too, like everywhere and everything else really.....

The single/double decker thing annoys me most - 99% of the buses i get on here are massively overcrowded. Surely that means theyre making plenty money - and if so, why up the prices so much ?? Grrrr.....

here in London I pay £3.50 for a day pass so it's a justifiable comparison: Drivers are worse here but buses are so much more regular and as well as that I can take night buses until 6am the following day (a night bus is usually as regular as a sheffield 'normal' bus)

Archived