Vermin pigeons at ponds forge

For months now I have witnessed pigeons in the food area at ponds forge feeding on dropped food on the floor and also on the tables. Today when me and my OH went we decided not to have anything to eat. I asked a member of staff what is being done to iradicate them as they carry disease and deficate everywhere. She said they have tried to get rid of them but they keep coming back. They are as bad as rats. Please be aware if you choose to eat in the food area.

I've always wondered... Who are we to pick and choose which animals should be considered/treated as "vermin"?

Absolutely, us humans are well into destruction of the planet!

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 19:12 ----------

If dirty animals didn't drop food waste everywhere.....

Just a thought

Remember the mood Pond St bus station. Minging!

Well I think they're cute, I'd like to see more pigeons.

The last time I went to ponds forge watching the birds flying around made an otherwise dull post workout coffee infinitely more interesting.

Perhaps they could introduce other animals too, I'd like to see some friendly cats, parrots and spider monkeys, maybe even some fish in the pool too.

It could catch on.

Well I think they're cute, I'd like to see more pigeons.

The last time I went to ponds forge watching the birds flying around made an otherwise dull post workout coffee infinitely more interesting.

Perhaps they could introduce other animals too, I'd like to see some friendly cats, parrots and spider monkeys, maybe even some fish in the pool too.

It could catch on.

A few more Peregrine Falcons perhaps to keep the numbers down.