The Closed Shop - Reet Ale Pullin Out

-MG-

Guest makapaka

It should be viable for someone to take on surely? Nice pub and always busy. I'm surprised they're pulling out given the anount of investment that went in to that pub and also punch bowl etc

No problems with the Wifi that I'm aware of - there'll be quite a lot of usage tonight during the quiz............

Had no problem streaming the Euro's last year or the World Cup in 2014 - and that was often standing outside the Hallamshire over the road.

If you sit in the front room of The Hallamshire you can pick up the Closed Shop wifi anyway.

Hi,

My name is Chris and I am the pub manager of The Closed Shop. I can confirm that it is our intention to take on the lease of the pub from Reet Ales and to run it for the good of the community.

At the moment, we are gauging interest and forming a steering group that will look into facilitating the acquisition of the pub.

Although there isn't much on there at the moment, you can follow the progress/get involved via our FB or Twitter pages - just search "closedshopcomm".

Cheers,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Closed Shop is really Closed tonight. Couldn't see the notice in the window driving past but their twitter says they might be shut for a while now.

Where do I get my fix of a decent cider? They had by far the best selection in the city.

Come back soon !