Sixty Tomorrow !

LOL :hihi:

Also like to agree with apelike and apologise to poor MEC176. Hope he had a great birthday and is enjoying the joys of being 60!

Hi guy's, thanks for the apologise but I'm not the one who's sixty it was "TUTHILL" I turned sixty five last year I just wanted to wish the Young gentelman all the best and express my dissapointment in the Goverments Pension scheme. :)

I started drawing state pension last year (October) and I get £182.42 per week.. How come some only get £155 per week? Why the different figures?

It's like ANNA B was saying, there is enormous confusion in the government pensions department because of the rapid changeover to the 66 retirement age.

There is a lot of difference in the year you were born or even down to the month also if you are male or female, did you pay more into your state pension did you buy your Surps back did you waite longer before you drew your state pension all these are factors which can increase your pension it's all too complicated for me to explain you need to put into your browser the State Pension Guide and read all, if you chose to carry on working and receiving two other pension as well as the state pension getting a total of £2000 a month then thank yourself lucky there are a lot worse off as they say when needs must the Devil drives.

Quote, how anyone can live on £155 per week is beyond me --- that's what you get when you put the wrong goverment in power all those years ago.

I'm not lucky, I just chose to carry on working knowing the state pension is lousy.

And I didn't put that government in power all those years ago.

Edited by mad-dad

To the OP ... Happy 60th.

We still have senior bus passes in England and if you get a South Yorkshire one you can travel anywhere in England using local buses only. IE First, Stagecoach(including trams), TM, Powells etc.

Yes but only in England,not Scotland/Wales,didn't realise this myself until told by a gent in the Market one lunchtime,said it had cost him a fortune in bus fares/Scotland...yet the Scottish one allows you to travel all over Gt Britain,rail too......

Mad-dad, That's not very nice I did not emphasise the word lucky in my first post, :mad:

“ There is a lot of difference in the year you were born or even down to the month also if you are male or female, did you pay more into your state pension did you buy your Surps back did you wait longer before you drew your state pension all these are factors which can increase your pension it's all too complicated for me to explain you need to put into your browser the State Pension Guide and read all, if you chose to carry on working and receiving two other pension as well as the state pension getting a total of £2000 a month then thank yourself lucky there are a lot worse off as they say when needs must the Devil drives.”

So why did you change it :huh:

“Mad-Dad” Quote, I still work full time on national living wage (plus state pension plus two works pensions, so get over £2000 a month so can manage and save how anyone can live on £155 per week is beyond me. “

OK let’s change the wording so you are fortunate enough to be healthy and able to carry on working and claim your pensions some of us are not and have to manage on what we get perhaps you have a higher standard of living than the rest of us and would consider being poorer if you only had £155 per week.

Edited by MEC176