House of lord brexit

This would be a breach of the Vienna convention.

We've only really been talking about reassuring existing residents on both sides that they won't be threatened with deportation.

Small? Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Yes.

GDP of EU $16 trillion

GDP of UK $2.1 trillion. (after correcting for recent sterling plummet off the cliff edge)

UK as part of the overall market is small. Germany will just send more cars to China or the US rather than the small drop needed for the UK with it's funny quaint wrong side of the roadedness....

We're still 5th. France has caught up a bit on account of the fall in Sterling.

India will overtake us before too long (after overtaking France). France and Italy have little chance of catching us any time soon.

I'll link it again then, since you obviously didn't read it when I posted it in reply to you yesterday in the Consequences thread.

December 2016, not January 2017, my bad.

Inconvenient for Empire days-dreaming, Commonwealth-touting Little Englanders? You betcha! :lol:

Yes.

GDP of EU $16 trillion

GDP of UK $2.1 trillion. (after correcting for recent sterling plummet off the cliff edge)

UK as part of the overall market is small. Germany will just send more cars to China or the US rather than the small drop needed for the UK with it's funny quaint wrong side of the roadedness....

If it were that simple to sell more elsewhere, we wouldn't be worried about the UK losing trade either would we?

If it were that simple to sell more elsewhere, we wouldn't be worried about the UK losing trade either would we?
But you (meaning Brexiters at large) are not...

...are you? :confused:

The only advantage worth preserving for German automakers in the UK is margins. They can sell their wares anywhere in the world, adjusting locally for price in view of landed costs: the demand is universally strong for Audis, Benzes and Beemers, they practically sell themselves anywhere you put them on a forecourt. Not sure the same is true of Nissans, Fords and Jags, in the desirability stakes.

Edited by L00b

I'll link it again then, since you obviously didn't read it when I posted it in reply to you yesterday in the Consequences thread.

December 2016, not January 2017, my bad.

Inconvenient for Empire days-dreaming, Commonwealth-touting Little Englanders? You betcha! :lol:

It's fine with me. Good luck to them. I don't think it's quite official yet but we all knew it was coming.

How is it relevant?

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 11:40 ----------

But you (meaning Brexiters at large) are not...

...are you? :confused:

This "we" referred to the UK as a whole. Besides I've always acknowledged that a proper trade deal would benefit both sides.

The Lords need reforming and I think May will be looking into doing this now...

Have the Lords done anyone not popular with the public, that cannot be reversed by Parliament?

Lets say in the last couple of decades.

Oh come on. Look at the trade deals that the EU has and will still have when we leave, and then look at the trade deals we don't have and will not have when we leave.

You've had this pointed out before, many times.

Have the Lords done anyone not popular with the public, that cannot be reversed by Parliament?

Lets say in the last couple of decades.

The Lords are part of the parliament. Everything the Lords do is (in principle) reversible by the commons on account of the parliament act establishing the supremacy of the commons.

A lot of them collect a substantial amount of money for doing naff all.

Some of them are useful and productive though.

Oh come on. Look at the trade deals that the EU has and will still have when we leave, and then look at the trade deals we don't have and will not have when we leave.

You've had this pointed out before, many times.

This is supposition. We don't know what the international trading position of the UK will be post-Brexit. Except that we know that the absolute worst case is WTO MFN with an average tariff of maybe 3% on goods and 0% on services.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-leaving-eu-trade/