House of lord brexit

It's important that we know what the law is on these matters.

In principle I think it should be whatever deal May presents or nothing (WTO MFN), and I think that's what will happen.

There's a world of difference between establishing the limits of the royal prerogative and actually preventing or watering down Brexit.

The people making threats against Miller and her supporters should be hung up by their danglies.

If you actually looked at the makeup of the House of Lords, then you wouldn't be making such stupid statements. There are many highly recognised experts from a wide range of fields who sit there. Their opinions depending on the debate are generally very highly regarded. There have been many instances where the objections of this House have caused the government to abandon bad policies such as the tax credit cuts.

You cannot rely on just one elected body to govern especially when it is made up of generally people with no great expertise in anything.

I have had my response removed but i will try again.Where is my statement stupid.The house of lords are undemocratic and unelected.We dont want a dictatorship do we.I voted leave and i now expect the decision made by the country to be carried through,for this not to happen would be a kick in the teeth for democracy.

I have had my response removed but i will try again.Where is my statement stupid.The house of lords are undemocratic and unelected.We dont want a dictatorship do we.I voted leave and i now expect the decision made by the country to be carried through,for this not to happen would be a kick in the teeth for democracy.

The Lords can only delay things. If needs be, the parliament act is available.

Thankfully yes,it looks like Theresa May might have to use the parliament act.

I doubt it.

I think that the Lords have made their token gesture now. Most llkely the commons will reject the amendment, and send it back to the lords where the bill will pass unamended. Just in time for the end of March deadline.