Quorn Meat Free Mince - RECALL

Quorn Foods Ltd is recalling a batch code of its frozen Meat Free Mince because it may contain small pieces of metal.

This product was only sold at Tesco.

Product: Quorn Meat Free Mince

Pack size: 300g

‘Best before’ date: 31 August 2018

Batch code: 136331

https://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/2017/16010/quorn-foods-ltd-is-recalling-quorn-meat-free-mince-because-the-product-may-contain-small-pieces-of-metal

yup, its tasty muck ;)

I'm not vegetarian although I do enjoy vegetarian food but I can't get on with the mince. Metal or not I don't think it tastes too good.

Though I mean, all they're saying is there's no meat, they never said definitely not no metal did they...

why do people who want to be vegetarian want a product that tastes and looks like meat?

It doesn't taste like meat, it tastes like whatever you flavour it with.

On the flip side rather than your point of view of quorn mince looking like meat mince, maybe it's actually that meat mince looks like quorn mince. Quorn is available in a variety of options just like meat is, it's however we make it look.

I quite get along with quorn mince substitute to be honest. For something like a (very) quick spag bol it's fine … I doubt if you'd really notice the difference between quorn and real mince once it's mixed with all the tomatoes and garlic and suchlike, more to do with the texture which is very similar.

Good for you too, so long as you remember to spit out the shrapnel, or use an electromagnetic fork, either car battery or mains powered (which is probably what I'll end up doing … being a bit of a clever inventor like).

The quorn chicken leaves a bit to the imagination though. It's not bad, but neither is it chicken.

It doesn't taste like meat, it tastes like whatever you flavour it with.

Pretty much like intensively farmed meat, doesn't taste of anything without the chemicals added at some point in the process.