Fund the Police adequately

exactly fella, when i started 11 years ago we had 7 people in the "wet area" (where all the chemicals are etc), then it was down to 5, then 4, now they get rid of the 2 most experienced people and are now down to 2, theres like 8 or so processes and some of em can be full time if its busy, the acid copperline generally needs 2 people (one to cover the others breaks) and then when one persons off? Oo

Yet the managements exactly the same, well technically its gone up with the former superviser back and promoted to assistant manager

Our company has come up with a good way of avoiding us covering breaks,they dont give us any.We have also gone fron six to two but are still expected to be as productive.Hope you find another job mate.

Our company has come up with a good way of avoiding us covering breaks,they dont give us any.We have also gone fron six to two but are still expected to be as productive.Hope you find another job mate.

trying, been a month now, with 2 weeks at a sister company in the middle, even tho the staff are crying out theres too much work and not enough staff they didnt keep me on Oo

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 21:20 ----------

seems they are resigning because of poor staffing too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-39138368

You know I work in public service at the coal face dealing with clients on a one to one basis, and central / local government cuts have affected the front line over the last 10 years in terms of quantity and quality of provision. What there has not been a cut in are tiers and tiers of management. I know it's an easy target and cliché, but it's true.

Why not merge back office functions, and various forms of management of public sector organisations? This would free up money for the front line.

That would be an immense task. No doubt they all have different systems, different databases etc etc. The time and cost of merging that would be enormous.

That is illegal if you work more than 6 hours at a stretch. Time to join a union?

You know I work in public service at the coal face dealing with clients on a one to one basis, and central / local government cuts have affected the front line over the last 10 years in terms of quantity and quality of provision. What there has not been a cut in are tiers and tiers of management. I know it's an easy target and cliché, but it's true.

Why not merge back office functions, and various forms of management of public sector organisations? This would free up money for the front line.

This exactly.

Why do cuts always come from the front line and not from the saggy waisted middle management??

Cut the fat not the muscle.

Rich ******** seem to be doing ok out of things, while everything else suffers Oo

I have to agree. Listening to the report after report of underfunded public services, I'm getting closer and closer to buy a sheepskin coat, climbing a lamp post and shouting "Power to the People" at the top of my lungs.

This exactly.

Why do cuts always come from the front line and not from the saggy waisted middle management??

Cut the fat not the muscle.

I have to agree. I've been saying it for years. But I doubt it's going to happen because these are the people making the decisions, and they aren't going to vote themselves a pay cut or make themselves redundant.

I have to agree. I've been saying it for years. But I doubt it's going to happen because these are the people making the decisions, and they aren't going to vote themselves a pay cut or make themselves redundant.

Agreed.

There's also the issue of continuously increasing compliance costs and associated false-efficiencies.

The other major service after the NHS and social services that should be properly funded in the interests of public safety.

There is no doubt in my mind that once again the public is being shortchanged due to cuts in the numbers of PCs available to patrol our streets.

We want a visible presence to prevent crime,and officers available to pursue criminals.

I was wondering about this watching QT last night, with Hitchens banging on about 'bobbies on the beat'. I imagine it's extremely costly to put police on patrol to a sufficient level to actually prevent crime happening. I'd like to know if there is any evidence to support it.

On the other hand, there are clearly not enough police to deal with the levels of reported crime at the moment. They are choosing in some cases not to investigate. My brother was hit and injured by a careless driver and the police asked him if it was OK if they didn't do anything about it.