More 0 hours workers than ever..

Are you assuming here that ZHC employees have only one employer?
imagine the stress of the person having 4/5 employers and not getting work from any of them:loopy:

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 18:01 ----------

A stunning silence it seems....

hows germany going on and your employees out there :hihi:

I'm pretty sure that if you design such a survey, and it's reasonably neutral, Obelix will act on it.

Perhaps this thread's followers in general would like to contribute?

Designing and writing a survey is a very skilled job, that takes time and experience. To write one that is totally fair and balanced is actually harder than writing one with a spin. Which is probably why you see them so rarely.

If people can argue legitimately with professional surveys, (which they can,) poor old Pete doesn't stand a chance.

Just caught a twitter from Corbyn stating that he's looking for an outright ban on ZHCs.

The word "exploitative" is absent.

Although that could be down to forced brevity as the tweet is at the 140 character limit.

A stunning silence it seems....

Eh?...Some of us do have 'work' and have to travel to and from work...No silence from me...Anyway, I thought you had bowed out?

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 20:26 ----------

I think that's what passes for conceding around here.

Nope...you wish

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 20:28 ----------

Possibly, yes. Is that linked to ZHCs specifically?

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 13:35 ----------

That's a fair point. Perhaps a clause could be added that if no hours were offered to the employee for a period of say 3 months and the employee had requested to be given hours and made themselves available for work then that employee is treated as if they have been summarily dismissed and they can claim unfair dismissal under standard employment law.

No I don't think so...It's just generally....In any case it's weighted against the employee.

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 20:30 ----------

Just caught a twitter from Corbyn stating that he's looking for an outright ban on ZHCs.

The word "exploitative" is absent.

Although that could be down to forced brevity as the tweet is at the 140 character limit.

Personally I think Corbyn is wrong on pretty much everything, so I'm not altogether in favour of what he says...He has his own problems, and is trying to garner support from wherever he can.

Designing and writing a survey is a very skilled job, that takes time and experience. To write one that is totally fair and balanced is actually harder than writing one with a spin. Which is probably why you see them so rarely.

If people can argue legitimately with professional surveys, (which they can,) poor old Pete doesn't stand a chance.

I may not be the most eloquent...But I insist on standing my ground...I won't be bullied by 'intellectuals'...or people that try to belittle me...

WOW that's an interesting link...So more countries than New Zealand have banned them?

It seems I'm not alone!...Only in Sheffield...

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 20:43 ----------

By all means. Don't let the fact that you're utterly and demonstrably wrong on this issue deter you. Fight on!

No...I'm not wrong...as the link demonstrably shows in Rigems post...