More 0 hours workers than ever..

Many probably aren't. But how many is many? 10% ? 50%? 90%?

you telling me you would not like a 40 hour contract, with onvertime if needed rarther that a come in and be set home after 4 hours to come in 3 hours later for 2 hours in a day, that is the reallity of 0 hours.

Edited by phil752

you telling me you would not like a 40 hour contract, with onvertime if needed rarther that a come in and be set home after 4 hours to come in 3 hours later for 2 hours in a day, that is the reallity of 0 hours.

That's the reality in some cases, not all cases by a mile. You telling me that people on zhc don't have consistent hours?

I'm self employed - my hours are anything but consistent!

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 20:22 ----------

Just highlighting that our job market is not one of increasing wealth and education, but one where employers claim people lack skills and education. So its the employers that have the upper hand, not the workforce.

I think if you took a survey of small business owners, you might find different results. I'm not entirely convinced that the job market isn't one of increasing wealth and education either - what are all these graduates doing?

That's the reality in some cases, not all cases by a mile. You telling me that people on zhc don't have consistent hours?

form you posts i guess you drive for a living, maybe wrong but if so then your hours would not be consistent, and self empoyment is a personal choise mainly for tax reasons.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

working in macidees on zhc :hihi:

Only if they've been working there less than 3 months.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/15/mcdonalds-offer-staff-the-chance-to-get-off-zero-hours-contracts

form you posts i guess you drive for a living, maybe wrong but if so then your hours would not be consistent, and self empoyment is a personal choise mainly for tax reasons.

You're just making things up about me as you go along. Stop it.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

You're just making things up about me as you go along. Stop it.

sorry if im wrong, but my point was that certain jobs do have unpedictable hours, but does not mean that they have to be on a zhc

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

sorry if im wrong, but my point was that certain jobs do have unpedictable hours, but does not mean that they have to be on a zhc

A great many zhc jobs don't need to be - I agree. But some do. Taking on a permanent member of staff on full time hours is a big commitment for most SMEs.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

A great many zhc jobs don't need to be - I agree. But some do. Taking on a permanent member of staff on full time hours is a big commitment for most SMEs.

but then take agency staff on, on a day rate. There is really no defece for zho contract for what was once classes as perm workers. By the way i class myself as a driver

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Just highlighting that our job market is not one of increasing wealth and education, but one where employers claim people lack skills and education. So its the employers that have the upper hand, not the workforce.

Your last sentence says it all. It's like turning the clock back 100 years, by the sounds of things.

Your last sentence says it all. It's like turning the clock back 100 years, by the sounds of things.

it seem that way there is a problem now with tax returns as more of the populus have jobs that dont pay tax or very little. So the rich get richer and the state has less to care for the population