More 0 hours workers than ever..

I think if you took a survey of small business owners, you might find different results. I'm not entirely convinced that the job market isn't one of increasing wealth and education either - what are all these graduates doing?

We get told that various sectors cannot cope without immigrants.

We get told that various sectors cannot cope without immigrants.

because we have now built industries on cheap disposable labour

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 21:13 ----------

Is there anyone on here that can really defend the exploitation of a workforce on zhc

Edited by phil752

exploitation is a strong word but as I have said before my lad has worked over 4 years on a 0 hours contract ,always got full time hours and is happy with his lot . but that probably does not fit in with your political agenda
thought it was 2 years ?

exploitation is a strong word but as I have said before my lad has worked over 4 years on a 0 hours contract ,always got full time hours and is happy with his lot . but that probably does not fit in with your political agenda

so why is not on a full time contract, he works the hour and for 4 years, so why should he not have any security. i have no real political agenda as you say. So your son works full time, without a min hours fall back, is that on a employmet contact or day to day work. You are really happy with that, if they have steady work for that long why not on a perm contact with hours, makes no sence

Edited by phil752

so why is not on a full time contract, he works the hour and for 4 years, so why should he not have any security. i have no real political agenda as you say. So your son works full time, without a min hours fall back, is that on a employmet contact or day to day work. You are really happy with that, if they have steady work for that long why not on a perm contact with hours, makes not sence

on contract . if some firms want to use 0 hours contract thats up to them and the thousands of workers who work there

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 21:43 ----------

sure may I ask if he is a lgv driver

no he is not

on contract . if some firms want to use 0 hours contract thats up to them and the thousands of workers who work there

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 21:43 ----------

no he is not

just imagine them thousands of people being able to get a mortgage because they have job security would be a great lift to the economy dont you think :roll: