Mansel School / Yewlands School

I left Yewlands in 1981, nothing special about that school!

I remember Miss Coy and Mr Topham oh an Mr Fuller! My favourite teacher was Mr Hopkinson, but he probably left in about 1978.

Great memories of trips to Lockerbrooke, Thornbridge and the great trip to France.

Was it Mr Topham that used to do the barn dancing at lunchtimes around christmas? Oh happy days lol

• 1 month later...

I went to Mansell youth club in 1964/5 what a fantastic place. loads of my freinds were at Mansell school in the late 50's then Yew lane or colley. Iwas youth club representative in 1965 and appeared on Opportunity Knocks on behalf of National youth club week. I met Hughie Green, Jimmy Clitheroe and a few other faces in the canteen. Came home and saw it on our little telly in Black and white.

• 2 weeks later...

My OH used to go to Yewlands, he was there 85-90 ish, he was a bit of a rogue then and wonders if anyone remembers a Miss Sommers who was really nice to him (she taught science) or Mr sowerby (PE teacher) also his form tutor. Is there anyone on forum that was at Yewlands around the same time, prior to that Mansell?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all those from yewlands school late 80s do you remember any of these pupils the dolan family aka doc & jim. leo dalton & big dan they were cuisons .i hope someone does id like to here some stories these kids were my mates for a very long time even though i went to colley

all those from yewlands school late 80s do you remember any of these pupils the dolan family aka doc & jim. leo dalton & big dan they were cuisons .i hope someone does id like to here some stories these kids were my mates for a very long time even though i went to colley

Hi Baron10,

i remember all these, i was in Jamies class, leo and dan were both also in my year, nik i think was a year or 2 above, My hubby also went to colley he left around 88 :)

Hi Baron10,

i remember all these, i was in Jamies class, leo and dan were both also in my year, nik i think was a year or 2 above, My hubby also went to colley he left around 88 :)

i left colley in 89 i might know him do you also know tim and andy macall there dad was a high ranking police officer they lived in grenoside and went to yewlands

Archived