Olivers Shoes - Castle Market

Worked at Olivers shoes (Timpsons) for 2 years, 94-96, the manager was a proper ****. Some good lads and lasses worked there in my time.

Been so close to the market I recall there were a lot of characters around, including 2 skinheads who used to get ****** on the balconies, they were always ******ed whatever time of day LOL

Sheffield Market had plenty of characters in it as well.

It also had a lot of retards in it as well?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not mentioning any names or pointing? :hihi:

The manager of Timpsons was a top bloke. Really understood the competitive market of retailing.

I went in there when I worked in John Lewis, and he allowed me to have my 'staff discount' off a pair of shoes I was buying. I could have traipsed all the way up to Coles and bought the same pair, but he understood that the money was better off in his till - even with the discount ;)

another time I found a pair of boots in the sale which were imperfect. He allowed me to take them around the corner to the shoe repairers for a quote before I actually purchased them :thumbsup:

This was at a time when shops were closing left right and centre in Sheffield

Archived