Npower installing Smart Meters in Sheffield

I'm sure I've read somewhere that they are using Group4, to do this work - a company some people might not be comfortable with.

British Gas use them for "reading" smart meters. They are actually checking whether customers might have a cannabis factory with all the attendant paraphanalia.

There is, this change was brought in last year.

Any smart meter installed post Oct/Nov 2016 has to be compatible with any supplier.

Thanks for that.I think that I will still resist all offers of installation until such time as I can see any benefit to me.

British Gas use them for "reading" smart meters. They are actually checking whether customers might have a cannabis factory with all the attendant paraphanalia.

Not sure how that works as most cannabis factories I have read about which have been found have also bypassed the meter for that very reason.

I've got one for over a year now.

I wouldn't have another because although it reduces the number of visits they make to check readings etc.. its now often more difficult to take a reading myself. The panel on it is dark and not intuitive to actually get it to display the reading. They supply a little remote unit however this often suffers interference so is not always working.N Power diagnosed the interference was caused by my tool box sitting next to the meter in the cupboard under the stairs!!The tool box has been there for 20 years, they should have identified this in their pre-installation survey.