Ecclesfield photographs

Hello. I realise this thread may be duplicated, so apologise in advance. Having lived in Ecclesfield village all my life, I have become very interested in its past. I am trying to find two old photographs. They are of the Methodist Chapel in Nether Road. This was nicknamed The Tin Trunk, as it was made from corrugated steel sheeting. Mr Alderson finally used it as a chapel of rest. The other one is The Gothic House which stood on the right at the junction of High Street and Greaves Road. So called Gothic because of the shape of its windows and doors. It was removed stone by stone and taken to the USA. Each stone had a number chalked on it for when it was reassembled in America. If any on can help me, I would be very grateful indeed. Thank You.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

• 4 years later...

Hi Nigel

Ive just seen your post & because you have lived all your life in Ecclesfield im trying to find anybody who new my dad who wasnt born in Ecclesfield but from the of 4 grew up in this area with his half brother & sister? My dad was Ronnie Orr his half brother & sister where called David Marsden & Cathy Marsden. All 3 have died now. They lived on 140 The Common. My dad & David both worked at Greens Foundry as an apprenticeship.

My dad played for his local school football team the kit was blue & white stripes. He loved his football. Love any info if possible