Where is best to live in Sheffield for young professionals?

I'll assume that your "I'm not playing" means you can't actually come up with any evidence.

Your post is mostly gibberish, but attempting to claim I've backed down, don't be ridiculous, you're quite clearly wrong and I've demonstrated that.

Ha ha (slow claps)... Its not an exclusive tag to graduates. That was my point period.

Put down the bone and accept that. It was you raving about doctors, programmers etc.

And, don't try and talk down to me with about use of logic or talking gibberish.

Would you be OK lIving next to plumbers, brick layers and factory workers?

I'm confused? They are also young professionals? I see a young professional as someone who is young and earns money.

Professional generally refers to someone who has a degree. Not that this makes them better people or anything, just what it means.

Or:

professional

adjective

1.relating to or belonging to a profession.

"young professional people"

synonyms: white-collar, executive, non-manual

"people in professional occupations"

2.engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.

"a professional boxer"

synonyms: paid, salaried, non-amateur, full-time

"a professional tennis player"

noun

1.a person engaged or qualified in a profession.

"professionals such as lawyers and surveyors"

synonyms: white-collar worker, professional worker, office worker

"affluent young professionals"

Well, to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Where in this post did you make the point that YP is not exclusive to graduates? And why did you make it given that I had never claimed that it was?

Perhaps you were so keen to pick an argument with my post (quoted above yours) that you failed to read all the words I'd used?

And for reference, my post (the one quoted above) was a reply to post #9, which specifically asked if plumbers and brick layers were not also professionals. I answered that question. You tried to score points by disputing my definition. So far you've failed to provide any evidence to back up the new definition you've invented, or indeed to explain what professions are not generally occupied by graduates.

Edited by Cyclone

• 2 weeks later...

Heeley, meersbrook, up and coming areas ???? What ????

People must be crazy and for the life of me can't understand the attraction in those areas. I know for a fact the housing at meersbrook is in dire need of tlc, done loads of work on those houses over the last 15 years !

For me the closer you get to the city centre the crappier it gets !

Wow.

If I was the OP and reading some of these posts I think the area I'd choose would be 'anywhere BUT Sheffield'

I've lived in a couple of areas in and around Sheffield, and I agree with some of the more helpful people on here: Walkley, Hillsborough at one side of town, and Handsworth, Richmond area on the other side.

It also depends on where you will be working.

Both areas have issues with traffic.

Edited by Scozzie