THINK I've just been caught speeding on motorway

I would say lack of confidence causes more accidents than speed, if safety is paramount make the driving test stricter and end this ridiculous tax.

If they make the test harder they'll be less folks on the road to fine for speeding.

I still can't believe that you pass your test without driving on a motorway and they you have to basically teach yourself how to drive on the motorway, it's no wonder there are so many nervous middle lane hoggers that don't have the skills to safely change lane.

I did pass plus so did 2 hours on the M1 and two hours on country lanes and B roads I learnt more in them 4 hours after I had passed my test than I learned in the 17 hours (lessons) previous.

Guest sibon
The middle lane hoggers I always see are middle aged and elderly drivers.

Have you been using Justin's research methodology?

The middle lane hoggers I always see are middle aged and elderly drivers.

There are two types of middle lane hoggers imo: The nervous who don't like changing lanes and don't want to be forced off at a junction and the lazy inconsiderate sods who just sit there thinking I'm doing the speed limit so I can stay in this lane.

I still can't believe that you pass your test without driving on a motorway and they you have to basically teach yourself how to drive on the motorway, it's no wonder there are so many nervous middle lane hoggers that don't have the skills to safely change lane.

I don't believe that centre lane nuisances are all new drivers, but they are all too bloody minded to shift over.

I would say lack of confidence causes more accidents than speed
Anything can cause an accident.

Speeding may or may not be a causal factor, but it will always make any accident worse (than it would otherwise be), because physics.

I'm not sanctimonious in the least in saying that (I'm way up there as a speeding merchant), just honest and objective about it.

Drink and drug put aside, I'd say ever-increasing traffic volumes (unmatched by enlarging road networks enough = ever more cars per mile at any given time) cause more accidents than lack of confidence, speeding, inattention or <...>.

With ever more cars around at all times, the margin for error reduces in proportion, there's just less and less room for correcting a driving error without ending up into an accident. Whether your own or that of another driver nearby.

There are two types of middle lane hoggers imo: The nervous who don't like changing lanes and don't want to be forced off at a junction and the lazy inconsiderate sods who just sit there thinking I'm doing the speed limit so I can stay in this lane.

Yes, that last bit

I like how the same people sit in lane 3 when it's a four lane motorway, even when it's quiet and lanes 1 and 2 are empty :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Perhaps the police should up the fine like they did with mobile phone use and speeding?

I like how the same people sit in lane 3 when it's a four lane motorway, even when it's quiet and lanes 1 and 2 are empty :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Perhaps the police should up the fine like they did with mobile phone use and speeding?

I see that sort of driving all time when I'm trundling along late at night /early mornings but I've even seen a police patrol doing it

---------- Post added 14-03-2017 at 17:44 ----------

I have to admit to 196 mph I wasn't caught

But I'm not proud of it lol

Nothing cleaver about doing those kinds of speeds