Sheffield Half Marathon 2017 9/4/2017

It was awesome, I decided to go on Leeds HM also.

Those events are great fun!

Well done!

I was 6 minutes slower than last year but I am happy with 1:48 given the fact that I am still recovering from a minor surgery two weeks ago.

It would have been bit cheaper for you if you had bought the white rose double season ticket

It was awesome, I decided to go on Leeds HM also.

Those events are great fun!

Well Done Croat77! Sounds like you had a great day!

I run but my current limit is 10k.

Anyway on another subject me and my other half have booked to go Cavtat again in July this year and are really looking forward to it.

I'm planning on taking my running gear with me and do some shorter runs as it will be very warm by then.

Did you do much running in Croatia in the summer? Any tips would be welcome!

Dales

Well Done Croat77! Sounds like you had a great day!

I run but my current limit is 10k.

Anyway on another subject me and my other half have booked to go Cavtat again in July this year and are really looking forward to it.

I'm planning on taking my running gear with me and do some shorter runs as it will be very warm by then.

Did you do much running in Croatia in the summer? Any tips would be welcome!

Dales

Its best to run first thing in the morning or late in the evening. Temperature can go easy above 35 degrees to almost 40 in Cavtat, so avoid running when sun is up. Good luck!

Well that was tough. Great support as usual. Well done all!

Glad I was not the only one who thought that it was tough!

Just looked at my splits and I lost all my time on the way back as the heat took affect.

Thinking about doing Leeds.

Is Leeds marathon well organised as Sheffield​?

Parking is close? There's no train and buses around

7:30 -8.00 from Sheffield to Leeds, so I guess car is only option.

Done Leeds once and I parked on the street fairly close by. It was well organised albeit 5 or 6 years ago - ? It`s like a water`ed down version of Sheff; big climb early on but nowt like the ascent of Ringinglow. And it`s (allegedly) downhill on the way back but much flatter than Eccy road to town. Not sure I`d recommend it. Done 24 HMs now, I think, and it was one of the dullest TBH.

Yes would agree with that and only thinking of doing it for a "time".

Its very well organised with loads of parking.

Be careful although most of the uphill is on the way out its nothing like Sheffield on the way back lots of flat/undulating.

Done Leeds once and I parked on the street fairly close by. It was well organised albeit 5 or 6 years ago - ? It`s like a water`ed down version of Sheff; big climb early on but nowt like the ascent of Ringinglow. And it`s (allegedly) downhill on the way back but much flatter than Eccy road to town. Not sure I`d recommend it. Done 24 HMs now, I think, and it was one of the dullest TBH.

I did Leeds HM a couple of years back, and have to agree with you; certainly in comparison with Sheffield, it's pretty dull.