Sheffield Half Marathon 2017 9/4/2017

It is. I`ll decide this weekend. Other plan might be more focus on the Round but also considering the 3 Lakes.

3 lakes? Do you mean Ladybower, Derwent and Howden reservoirs? If so, a very nice place for a run, enjoy!

I got in Newcastle Great North Run. I heard lots of good things about it.

Big drawback is that with 40,000+ taking part you can get held back by congestion if wanting a fast time, and that applies to all but those at the very front of the field. Big plus is the fantastic atmosphere making it a great experience for most participants. With about 4000 taking 3 hours or more it's still busy even for the slowest runners, or even the fast walkers!

It can take a long time to get out of South Shields. Avoid the Metro. The shuttle buses are a better option. If leaving a car at South Shields park away from the coast or you'll take ages to get away. It's worth walking a bit further.

3 lakes? Do you mean Ladybower, Derwent and Howden reservoirs? If so, a very nice place for a run, enjoy!

3 Lakes is most likely the 3 Lakes Classic - it's a 15 mile trail race starting from Rother Valley - it's a great little event organised by Killamarsh Kestrels. The cake tent at the end is legendary.

No race bling, tshirts or goody bags - just a great run, a mug and a plate stacked high with cake.

3 Lakes is most likely the 3 Lakes Classic - it's a 15 mile trail race starting from Rother Valley - it's a great little event organised by Killamarsh Kestrels. The cake tent at the end is legendary.

No race bling, tshirts or goody bags - just a great run, a mug and a plate stacked high with cake.

That`s the one. It`s only about £6 too. It`s looking likely that I`m doing Buxton though and then focus on the Round.

How`d Buxton go Waldo? I ran with a friend and did 1.57 (his pace) so felt good.

Edited by jemson

How`d Buxton go Waldo? I ran with a friend and did 1.57 (his pace) so felt good.

Well done mate! Not so good for me, 2.25 (30 mins slower than last time), so poor show. Still, it's miles in the bag. Was just happy the weather was good (for running).

Did you spot our local friendly neighbour hood pirate?!

• 4 months later...