Sheffield Arena to close?

Guest sibon
The council will probably sell it for a Quid :hihi::hihi:

You've not been recently, have you?

Nobody in their right mind would pay that much for it:)

I much prefer the City Hall. I think the Arena is too much like a 'hanger'.

The arena is totally unsuitable as a music venue. Whereas the City hall is a wonderful music venue.

Sheffield arena is so poor that you can barely hear the words to any song that is played the reverb is so bad.

If they knock it down and build something more suitable I think that will be a good thing.

The arena is totally unsuitable as a music venue. Whereas the City hall is a wonderful music venue.

Sheffield arena is so poor that you can barely hear the words to any song that is played the reverb is so bad.

If they knock it down and build something more suitable I think that will be a good thing.

I would fully agree regards acoustics. Its a problem which attaches to many other multi-purpose arenas. They are far different in build to a concert hall.

On the flip side, places like the City Hall only hold around 2500 people whereas the arena and similar venues have to hold about 6x that number.

Concert halls also dont have to be flexible in design order to provide space for ice shows, basketball, hockey, boxing matches, non seated exhibitions, trade fairs, motor events and national conferences.

Knocking it down seems a bit extreme realistically. It might not be as shiny and new as Leeds arena but then again, it is 25 years old so its not going to be.

There is also no guaranteee that a newer venue would have any better acoustics with respect to music performances unless it is only built in a specific way for that one specific purpose - which would not be commerically viable for a arena venue.