A southern yank with questions

You could get something by looking at the photos on these facebook pages

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379237648878161/photos/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheffield.memorys/photos/

Sheffield 9 refers to a particular area of Sheffield, much like a zip code. It is what was once the industrial heart of the city.

Chris

Sheffield. Born and bred.

You could get something by looking at the photos on these facebook pages

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379237648878161/photos/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheffield.memorys/photos/

Sheffield 9 refers to a particular area of Sheffield, much like a zip code. It is what was once the industrial heart of the city.

Chris

Sheffield. Born and bred.

Thank you, Chris. I will definitely give this a look. Though, do you think the group admins would mind someone like me (non-native, non-resident) joining?

Edited by msjhord

Thanks Andre, that would indeed be a kindness.

Sussed it.

On the left is the search facility, when searching make sure the drop down video box is set to include only films with video.

When the search results come up, all the ones with a picture by the title can be viewed.

I need to clear up something here. Re ;sweetdexter; and your post.

Your comment on a chef from Sheffield with the Clintons.

The hendersons story was in the Star a few years ago and the president in question was George W Bush. The Clintons were catered for at a Malibu beach house and not the White House. I should know, It was me .

I need to clear up something here. Re ;sweetdexter; and your post.

Your comment on a chef from Sheffield with the Clintons.

The hendersons story was in the Star a few years ago and the president in question was George W Bush. The Clintons were catered for at a Malibu beach house and not the White House. I should know, It was me .

I presume you got a free lifelong supply of Hendersons for the free advertising.

I read about you in the Hendersons cook book

Edited by sweetdexter
Add a line

Hi Msjhord,

I grew up in Sheffield through the 60's and 70's, before moving 70 miles South to Leicester (biggest mistake I ever made). Now here's a coincidence....I'm a writer too. I'm not sure, exactly what it is that you want, so if you think of anything specific, then please feel free to email me at mick58ward@aol.co.uk

Good luck with the book.

Hi Msjhord,

I grew up in Sheffield through the 60's and 70's, before moving 70 miles South to Leicester (biggest mistake I ever made). Now here's a coincidence....I'm a writer too. I'm not sure, exactly what it is that you want, so if you think of anything specific, then please feel free to email me at mick58ward@aol.co.uk

Good luck with the book.

Thanks, Mick. I'll definitely be in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your novel.

Sheffield used to be called "a dirty picture in a beautiful frame" beause of the heavy steel industry but now it has changed for the better.

Some of the working class areas are Darnall, Attercliffe, Pitsmoor, Heeley and a few more but because of redevelopment it is now a beautiful, vibrant city with quick access to lovely countryside.

There is a very good university which is open to any class who have aspirations in life.

I was brought up with blue-collar parents during and after the war. Sheffield had a bad hammering from German bombing which destroyed much of the city centre and killed and injured thousands of people. I luckily escaped from this as a baby.

Hope to read your novel.