The SYP should apologise to this Sheffield Man

Warpig perhaps after such horrendous trauma he didn't want to enter another courtroom so just accepted any offer to end the ordeal?

Or maybe he was content with the £60k? Who knows? Its nobodies business but his and the police.

Or maybe he was content with the £60k? Who knows? Its nobodies business but his and the police.

Sounds like him and his partner are on their arses, she has ME and neither of them work, I would imagine after that ordeal and the huge change in their lifestyle after the arrest he would probably have accepted less than the 60k if pushed.

Sounds to me like SYP did nothing wrong and the error was solely down to Herts?

Yes although when the shoe is on the other foot it's always the fault of the person who 'acted in good faith'.

but regardless of who was at fault neither force would admit to the mistake, or make any attempt at redress until the were forced to.

He should have got at least five times that amount.

At least five times what amount? Five times £60k or five times 'four times £60k'?:)

---------- Post added 17-03-2017 at 15:47 ----------

Sounds like him and his partner are on their arses, she has ME and neither of them work, I would imagine after that ordeal and the huge change in their lifestyle after the arrest he would probably have accepted less than the 60k if pushed.

So the tax payer could have saved money?

Sounds to me like SYP did nothing wrong and the error was solely down to Herts? I aslo agree the guy should have got considerably more than he did, Warpig perhaps after such horrendous trauma he didn't want to enter another courtroom so just accepted any offer to end the ordeal?

I'd like to think that the SYP are intelligent enough to carry out a robust investigation, by double checking the facts before carrying out any action, there's an arrogance in some forces, when really there should be a duty of care.

Compensation wise I have known colleagues that have been physically assaulted and will be majorly compensated at a later date, chipped tooth £30,000, so in a day an age that mental health is reported to be equal to physical injury. This mans compensation is worth more than two incidents of chipped teeth.

The Botanical Garden, a thread that got pulled here, but is currently being run in the Star, some poor soul could easily be put through this process simply for the crime of being elderly and watching life from a bench.

Is the SYP robust enough, or even fit for purpose, that's what I'm thinking.