The SYP should apologise to this Sheffield Man

I have seen how an allegation of kiddy fiddling can affect someone, many years ago a neighbour was accused of this by another neighbour simply because he looked "different", poor fella had his car damaged, his property vandalised and eventually had to move, its a terrible thing to be accused of.

Wasn't the actor who played Len Fairclough on Coronation St. thrown under the bus by Granada TV for supposedly leering at a 14yo girl at a swimming pool? Although he was found not guilty of anything. Or am I mistaken here..

---------- Post added 19-03-2017 at 15:58 ----------

I think that it's fairly safe to say that compensation of that amount means that the police accept that they are truly at fault and there is no case to answer here.

Kindly wind your neck in when it comes to making further allegations against the poor man involved here. If I were in his place I'd want just as many 'This man is innocent' notices around the place as the ones which went out in all of the press when he was presumed guilty, and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

He's not at fault here- please remember that.

Well said, Sir/Madam.

I bet you are rolling in the aisles at winding this lot up :hihi:

Im not winding them up actually :), though it would be extremely easy to do so with some on here But I do know better than to instantly believe everything I read in a media report.

Maybe its all 100% true about it ruining his life, maybe its not. The only truth is that non of us on here actually know with certainty, we can only offer opinions and assumptions. Some choose to believe absolutely everything they read, and many here also seem to believe that the guy isn't at all content with his compensation. Im suggesting that for all we know he might be content with it. We just dont know, but im not going to instantly assume a media report contains the absolute truth.

As for medusa telling me to kindly wind my neck in, and to stop making allegations agains him? I haven't made any allegations. im just challenging claims made by folk on here who don't even know the full truth themselves.

Ive actually been subjected to similar false allegations myself, having bought my house from someone who had been convicted of horrific crimes. For a considerable time after moving in my home was targeted by folk who thought he still lived there. It took a few years for it to stop. Either they got bored or they eventually leant that he no longer lived there. So I know what it feels like. But I still wouldn't automatically believe the linked report without questioning it.

Edited by WarPig

Im not winding them up actually :), though it would be extremely easy to do so with some on here But I do know better than to instantly believe everything I read in a media report.

You are very funny. You say you don't believe media reports but are 100% sure your fantasies accusations are true.

Also showing little to no respect to police victims makes you look like as if you are on the police side here. That explains and says a lot why you cannot give in. But I'm only guessing this, I'm not sure like you are.

Maybe its all 100% true about it ruining his life, maybe its not. The only truth is that non of us on here actually know with certainty, we can only offer opinions and assumptions. Some choose to believe absolutely everything they read, and many here also seem to believe that the guy isn't at all content with his compensation. Im suggesting that for all we know he might be content with it. We just dont know, but im not going to instantly assume a media report contains the absolute truth.

As for medusa telling me to kindly wind my neck in, and to stop making allegations agains him? I haven't made any allegations. im just challenging claims made by folk on here who don't even know the full truth themselves.

Ive actually been subjected to similar false allegations myself, having bought my house from someone who had been convicted of horrific crimes. For a considerable time after moving in my home was targeted by folk who thought he still lived there. It took a few years for it to stop. Either they got bored or they eventually leant that he no longer lived there. So I know what it feels like. But I still wouldn't automatically believe the linked report without questioning it.

Well, you are saying you don't trust media reports, yet you have no problems with police reports, mmm, interesting. I assure you I am not wound up, by the way. Of course as a police officer, past or present, you already know that , don't you?

You are very funny. You say you don't believe media reports but are 100% sure your fantasies accusations are true.

Well, you are saying you don't trust media reports, yet you have no problems with police reports

No, I certainly wouldn't do their job for all the tea in China. And I don't believe my fantasies are true, if you read again what I typed you'll see that I said no one knows the truth, including me. And at no point have I said I have no problem with the police report, I haven't even seen it so how could I.

I'm not taking sides, I'm just not the type of person who automatically believes everything I read.

No, I certainly wouldn't do their job for all the tea in China. And I don't believe my fantasies are true, if you read again what I typed you'll see that I said no one knows the truth, including me. And at no point have I said I have no problem with the police report, I haven't even seen it so how could I.

I'm not taking sides, I'm just not the type of person who automatically believes everything I read.

Your expressions are starting to change now and you have made it a lot easier to understand.

But I don't want to change you. It is not my job to say I am right and you are wrong.

There is nothing wrong in having your own opinion as long as you show respect like now that others consider the possibility it could possibly be different or mistaken.

Issues with police have not always but often been with them believing blindly or unbelieving (its the same thing, all believe is blind)

If anyone out there wants to believe, fine with me but if they come and tell me they believe I'm a pedophile I will do everything to make clear that all believe of any sort is blind stupid childish. And although I cannot say it for certain as it hasn't happened to me I do assume that talking to media about anything horrible comes from pain, not happiness.

If the police sometimes blow stories up the media will sometimes do the same, its teamwork. I don't take sides unless I know the absolute truth in this matter.

You don't have to follow me, feel free to believe, it will not affect me but watch out when you use believe to judge others, you are minding their personal business without checking the truth.

There is no need to see this as personal criticism, I just expressed a personal opinion like you did.

Edited by dutch

How dare you not automatically believe every word written in the press!!

Take yourself out and flagelate yourself.

I have a slightly used knotted rope if you require it.

Sorry, but I don't believe you :)

(un)Believe=I don't really know therefore I assume it to be.

You are still too weak to find the truth therefore you chose to assume it this way. Most believers are fooled to believe that it is something strong and powerful they have and believe in and pretend to be on the top.

The problem is that when even a tiny little bit of truth comes trough the believe starts to become unstable and intense battle is needed to keep that believe together. Because any reality will make the believer look like a fool.

Many people in this world choose for believe and stop looking and investigating. Because every change to a similar situation and a new believe is needed for the changes.

When things happen like with this Sheffield man it is better you keep believes away from it. What has happened to this man is too important and sensitive to be attacked by unsensitive (un)believers.

I am certain warpig is looking for the answer, he comes with many possible ways things could have gone in this case, that's fine, its just all this believing without giving the victim any chance.

Edited by dutch