The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

His post was typical Brexiter lies. The sort of thing that is intended to make people run scared.

Disgusting stuff really.

Yep. Totally agree.

They will say anything even if it ignores the reality staring them in the face. The Tories had a 100,000 immigration target, have had it for 7 years and every year immigration has been massively higher with a big proportion of that controllable.

Nothing will change

Yep. Totally agree.

They will say anything even if it ignores the reality staring them in the face. The Tories had a 100,000 immigration target, have had it for 7 years and every year immigration has been massively higher with a big proportion of that controllable.

Nothing will change

Oh it will, they won't be coming from the EU now. Just other countries. Which I'm sure they find delightful.

They can come from where they like so long as they're prepared to make a go of it. Who knows they might fill the void left by bailing remainers. You've clearly resigned yourselves to self destruction, extrapolating every detail you can dig up and pointing us to doomsville.

The facts are that you have no idea what lies ahead, no one does. There is no final outcome, there is continuation to build and there are people that will do it.

Oh it will, they won't be coming from the EU now. Just other countries. Which I'm sure they find delightful.

Numbers won't change.

Yes immigrants will come from other countries. The commonwealth if Brexiteers get their way.

Yep, 500m muslims in the Commonwealth, from countries harbouring some of the most militant Islamists on the planet.

Why swap that for white christians from Europe?

You lot never thought it through did you.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 22:22 ----------

They can come from where they like so long as they're prepared to make a go of it. Who knows they might fill the void left by bailing remainers. You've clearly resigned yourselves to self destruction, extrapolating every detail you can dig up and pointing us to doomsville.

The facts are that you have no idea what lies ahead, no one does. There is no final outcome, there is continuation to build and there are people that will do it.

That's the point you're missing. They can't come from anywhere.

Numbers won't change.

Yes immigrants will come from other countries. The commonwealth if Brexiteers get their way.

Yep, 500m muslims in the Commonwealth, from countries harbouring some of the most militant Islamists on the planet.

Why swap that for white christians from Europe?

You lot never thought it through did you.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 22:22 ----------

That's the point you're missing. They can't come from anywhere.

No, it's you that's missing the point. I don't mind where they come from is what I'm saying. I have as I've said, no issues with immigration, never have done.

No, it's you that's missing the point. I don't mind where they come from is what I'm saying. I have as I've said, no issues with immigration, never have done.

That is not the point. The point is that immigration is a big issue for many who voted to leave.

No it's you that is missing the point. The point is that anti-immigrant sentiments have been around for a long time. It matters not what you as an individual think.

People have been anti immigration from the Caribbean, anti it from SE Asia, anti it from the EU. But given the anti-Islamic sentiments the wrong decision is being made if the aim is to open up Commonwealth immigration, and there is the irony: people are arguing for ending EU immigration to keep muslims out while the reality is that most immigrants hard working white christians with a high birth rate. What they are arguing for is people from some heavily Muslim countries where women don't traditionally work and the birth rate is even higher.

Made this argument before and I stand by it. People don't know what they are swapping things for, and what the Tories are planning is potentially way worse

His post was typical Brexiter lies.

I am stating the facts, and I appreciate they are uncomfortable.

We are joined at the hip in political union with some of the poorest and impoverished nations on our continent. I too would be making that 30 hour long coach trip to Sheffield if I lived in [

].

We have a deeply unfair two-tier immigration system in place today which we cannot change because our hands are tied by European Union law.

I1L2T3 - Tinkering with our benefits system does nothing to stem immigration. As many economists point out our benefits system is simply the icing on the cake for many economic migrants. If you were to hypothetically remove benefits completely (which we can't under EU law), you are still left with a rich economic gateau and that's the biggest draw for economic migrants. Your average Bulgarian doctor earns less than the UK's current personal allowance.

So what's the solution. Do we drive our economy into the ground to make us less attractive? Destroy the foundations of our redistributive welfare state?

Of course not. We call up customer services and terminate the agreement.

Numbers won't change.

That's not the point. Leaving the EU means the UK can finally take a deep breath and re-examine it's entire immigration system. It means we can craft an immigration system that works for Britain. It means we can legally forgo the two-tier system and finally treat everyone equally under a single-tier system.​

Edited by Puggie

Guest sibon

.​

Nope.

You lied.

That's the truth.

We are joined at the hip in political union with some of the poorest and impoverished nations on our continent. I too would be making that 30 hour long coach trip to Sheffield if I lived in [

].

We have a deeply unfair two-tier immigration system in place today which we cannot change because our hands are tied by European Union law.

I1L2T3 - Tinkering with our benefits system does nothing to stem immigration. As many economists point out our benefits system is simply the icing on the cake for many economic migrants. If you were to hypothetically remove benefits completely (which we can't under EU law), you are still left with a rich economic gateau and that's the biggest draw for economic migrants. Your average Bulgarian doctor earns less than the UK's current personal allowance.

So what's the solution. Do we drive our economy into the ground to make us less attractive? Destroy the foundations of our redistributive welfare state?

Of course not. We call up customer services and terminate the agreement.

That's not the point. Leaving the EU means the UK can finally take a deep breath and re-examine it's entire immigration system. It means we can craft an immigration system that works for Britain. It means we can legally forgo the two-tier system and finally treat everyone equally under a single-tier system.​

You're deluded. The control that the Brexit leaders are seeking is not what you think it is. They want to bring in cheaper immigrants from other sources. It's not about numbers but cost. Just wait and see.

The Brexiteers who have though about lying through their teeth in the most convincing way will be emphasising concepts of control. But people have voted for less immigration not more. They want the people they see as taking jobs they could have done to reduce in number. They don't want to see floods of people working for even less, and that is a real possibility given the Tory rights determination to erode wage controls which they regard as interference with the markets.

Get in the real world and understand the crap you are supporting.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 23:57 ----------

Nope.

You lied.

That's the truth.

Yep, you nailed it.

Barefaced lies. Nothing less.