The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

No, but practically every man in the street who voted brexit who had a microphone shoved under their nose said it was because of immigration. It's nice that at least one person on SF has the conkers to admit it.

But its because that's what makes news and the media will show what it picks and wants. How many in the street said different and yet were not given air time? I for one have already admitted that immigration played no part in my Leave decision and several others on SF have also stated the same, so we already outnumber that one person who you claim admitted it.

But its because that's what makes news and the media will show what it picks and wants. How many in the street said different and yet were not given air time? I for one have already admitted that immigration played no part in my Leave decision and several others on SF have also stated the same, so we already outnumber that one person who you claim admitted it.

So SF highlights the silent majority, everywhere else (and I'd advise you to look on other message boards, forums and comments sections as well) is wrong?

That's a first!

The problem you have is that the PM interpreted the result as being driven by immigration fears. She made it the key Brexit issue in the first few months after taking over!

So SF highlights the silent majority, everywhere else (and I'd advise you to look on other message boards, forums and comments sections as well) is wrong?

That's a first!

You know as well as anyone that forums are an easy platform to just let rip especially for racists. Look how many are quick to slate Sheffield when questions arise. As mentioned, who the hell is interested in people that aren't racist?

Well, we have to admire the achievements of our Great Leaders in the EU, there's "photo-me" Barosso, the self confessed Maoist who's just finished his dirty work and be given his reward job with the super capitalists Goldman Sachs ( he'll not see the hypocrisy, only the $$$$ ), then there's Frau Merkel and von Rompuy getting the Kalergi Prize. That's worth a study regarding immigration.

The thought occurs to me that if we have to have a General Election in order to proceed with Brexit, then the election is a constitutional requirement that ought to have been completed before the Article 50 notice was submitted.

Parliament voted 494 votes to 122 votes to trigger Article 50, so there was no need to have a General Election before that vote. Makes more sense to have a General Election after Article 50 was triggered, then the electorate are effectively voting for the party they want to negotiate Brexit. An increase in the Tory majority, should really end all arguments.

The real reason she's called a GE is because she's lumbered at the moment with David Cameron and George Osbourn's manifesto.

But the given reason is to allow Brexit to proceed effectively, making it a constitutional requirement.

It would have been far better if Cameron had called it before he ran away.