The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

The ability to negotiate trade deals isn't hampered by being part of the EU as demonstrated by the success of those countries.

As regarding currency values the UK is completely in control of its own currency and therefore should be in a position to run rings around countries tied into a common currency.

Both of the statements above are clearly false.

Firstly, EU member states do not have the ability to negotiate their own trade deals. The EU has also not been successful in negotiating comprehensive trade deals with the big players in the global economy;

Secondly, in the era of floating exchange rates (at least as far as the UK and various other Western countries are concerned), currency values are largely determined by market forces rather than by government manipulation or government decree.

Always makes me laugh when people think we voted Brexit because of the success of the Brexit campaign.

The protest votes started the minute David Cameron decided his government wouldn't remain impartial and would use the civil service and the full weight of government to persuade the public to vote remain. It was a fatal error of judgment.

So you voted for Brexit because of the UK government.:hihi:

Greece and the EU have just announced that Greece' budget recovery is well ahead of the curve, an arrangement on the final debt payments has been approved and Greece is set to leave special measures by the end of next year if things keep going this well. The large surplus already achieved also means the government can start to fund projects again.

Excellent news!

So you voted for Brexit because of the UK government.:hihi:

In politics people often vote against the party they dislike most.

I would have preferred the leader of the Conservative party to have remained impartial at the time but he didn't. He put the civil service into overdrive, got the big guns out and lobbied support from his international pals to influence how the British people were to vote on a domestic referendum.

It made allot of the electorate angry and I suspect allot of people voted 'leave' in protest, to serve Cameron right.

I would have preferred the leader of the Conservative party to have remained impartial at the time but he didn't. He put the civil service into overdrive, got the big guns out and lobbied support from his international pals to influence how the British people were to vote on a domestic referendum.

It made allot of the electorate angry and I suspect allot of people voted 'leave' in protest, to serve Cameron right.

Or the PM of the UK in his full knowledge and understanding of the situation felt that the UK was better off within the EU so he did his job to try to convince people of that. He failed, but to say you voted against that is an absurd statement to make. If Cameron felt that leaving the EU was the best thing for the country then I would have expected him to campaign wholeheartedly to leave as well.

You weren't asked to vote for or against a party.