The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Anyway - now that Mrs May has admitted that "free movement rules with the EU could continue as part of the transitional period after the UK officially leaves." is this the start of the unraveling of the lies that brought Leave the perceived authority to drop the UK into chaos and financial turmoil for the foreseeable future (aka Brexit)?

When will the UK population have the opportunity to revise their opinion on leaving? It would be undemocratic to block it if enough people wanted it wouldn't it?

S115 2(b) then.

It doesnt apply if the fraudulent device affects how you were to vote, only if it stops you from doing so or induces you to vote when you wouldnt and proving even that is almost impossible. As I said before you can lie through your teeth as certain politicans have and will continue to do so and theres nothing ilelgal about it - even if it stinks morally

Doesn't this pretty sum up a vast amount of what is wrong with our politics? It's ok for someone hoping to be elected in a position of considerable power (compared to majority at least) to outright lie, not muddy the waters, embellish or spin, to knowing and intentionally lie to secure votes. Really think it's time for a campaign to change this.

Anyway - now that Mrs May has admitted that "free movement rules with the EU could continue as part of the transitional period after the UK officially leaves." is this the start of the unraveling of the lies that brought Leave the perceived authority to drop the UK into chaos and financial turmoil for the foreseeable future (aka Brexit)?

When will the UK population have the opportunity to revise their opinion on leaving? It would be undemocratic to block it if enough people wanted it wouldn't it?

June 8th 2017. If enough people vote Liberal Democrat then they will be the ruling party and have the power to block Brexit.

Anyway - now that Mrs May has admitted that "free movement rules with the EU could continue as part of the transitional period after the UK officially leaves."

Question for the individuals who believe May is a hardline Brexiteer - why did the pound strengthen when a GE was called? Why are big businesses and the City excited about the Conservatives enjoying a bigger share of government?

Problem is half the country don't want to leave the EU.

I cannot see that changing. In fact I can see that sentiment intensifying.

I predict that things will just trudge along nicely as they have done prior to the Euro and during.

I doubt it will affect our everyday lives and I think that if it wasn't for forums such as this with their arguments about what is going to happen based on no experience, that keep the worry up.

Mind you the media outlets are making a fortune out of it!

In fact in a couple of years I predict that we will be thinking what all the fuss was.

Mind you that's just my opinion based on nothing whatsoever.

Question for the individuals who believe May is a hardline Brexiteer - why did the pound strengthen when a GE was called? Why are big businesses and the City excited about the Conservatives enjoying a bigger share of government?

Why would May be a hardliner Brexiter? She campaign to remain in. Regardless, the Tories are seen as more pro-business than Labour so obviously any party that would loosen regulations and allow them to make more profit would be welcomed by the markets, however, and here's the big rub, most people don't and shouldn't care about business beyond what it puts in their pockets and how it affects their standards of living. The Tories offer one way of trickle down economics that has been called bull by most prominent economists, Labour and the LDs offer to varying degrees a different way of looking saying that businesses being massively profitable does not directly correlate with individuals being better off and so they should not be given even more free reign, profits should be taxed more effectively. I'd say Labour want the profits to be almost punitive, and they need to be careful that they don't end up with a loss (Laffer curve and all that), whereas LDs seem to be somewhere between the 2, understand that without business we all suffer, but that doesn't mean we have to support ridiculous salaries that have no bearing on performance or that the workers suffer under inflation pay rises and poor working conditions simply to satisfy shareholders.

Equally, there's this massive myth buster:

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/taq30tk04ljnvpyfos059pp0w7gnpe

Plenty more where that came from, all neutral academic sources.

Edited by sgtkate

I predict that things will just trudge along nicely as they have done prior to the Euro and during.

I doubt it will affect our everyday lives and I think that if it wasn't for forums such as this with their arguments about what is going to happen based on no experience, that keep the worry up.

Mind you the media outlets are making a fortune out of it!

In fact in a couple of years I predict that we will be thinking what all the fuss was.

Mind you that's just my opinion based on nothing whatsoever.

I appreciated it though.

My view on guaranteeing the rights of EU nationals.

I do not believe there should be a guarantee made, however I do think EU citizens should be given the opportunity to remain in the UK by way of points-based visa application.

And of course this should be unilateral and apply to British citizens living in the EU.