The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

We can discount Howards nonsense as the ramblings of a an old man, and a brexiter to boot.

But Fallon's words are stupidity in the extreme.

He talks of a deterrent, then says this country will be the aggressor.

The way he speaks make this government look like cowards, threatening to attack using the most destructive weapon mankind has devised.

It is also arrant foolishness, as if they dared launch a nuclear missile at another country, within minutes this country would be a radioactive pile of rubble.

Like every thing else they do, they are spouting nonsense, and relying on this wave of nationalism that is sweeping this misbegotten set of leaders the world is suffering under at present.

What worries me about these statements is the level of blatant stupidity on display.

The fact that it isn't confined to any one party makes it worse, I have little confidence in the capabilities of any of them to lead the country successfully in what are very difficult times.

We have Corbyn saying he wouldn't authorize the use of Trident. Whilst personally I think we should get rid of it the fact is that we have it, it's cost Billions and making a statement like that negates the whole point.

We are about to enter enormously important negotiations with our fellow Europeans which will effect the country's prosperity, and we have that clown Boris referring to WW2 movies. We have Liam Fox telling them that Britain is one of the few European countries that doesn't need to 'sanitise' it's 20th century history, showing ignorance of his own country's history and ill manners simultaneously.

Then we have Michael Howard, a former leader of the Conservative party threatening to go to war with a fellow NATO member.

Have this lot taken collective leave of their senses?

One of the most valuable qualities in a negotiator is empathy, the ability to look at it from the other persons viewpoint.

How do you think we are being viewed by the other side with these charmless muppets representing us?

As I said in another thread, that could be a very public foot shooting exercise in traditional labour heartlands who voted brexit.

Yup that'll really go down in places like Wakefield and Outwood - I cant see Balls getting his seat back when they come up with things like that. I could see Wakefield going blue though.......

What worries me about these statements is the level of blatant stupidity on display.

The fact that it isn't confined to any one party makes it worse, I have little confidence in the capabilities of any of them to lead the country successfully in what are very difficult times.

We have Corbyn saying he wouldn't authorize the use of Trident. Whilst personally I think we should get rid of it the fact is that we have it, it's cost Billions and making a statement like that negates the whole point.

We are about to enter enormously important negotiations with our fellow Europeans which will effect the country's prosperity, and we have that clown Boris referring to WW2 movies. We have Liam Fox telling them that Britain is one of the few European countries that doesn't need to 'sanitise' it's 20th century history, showing ignorance of his own country's history and ill manners simultaneously.

Then we have Michael Howard, a former leader of the Conservative party threatening to go to war with a fellow NATO member.

Have this lot taken collective leave of their senses?

One of the most valuable qualities in a negotiator is empathy, the ability to look at it from the other persons viewpoint.

How do you think we are being viewed by the other side with these charmless muppets representing us?

Very true. These kind of statements are only going to bind the 27 more closely together.

After May's article 50 letter emphasising security these muppets start spouting off in public with statements that threaten security. Are they rogue agents are are these thing deliberately being said to back up what many considered to be veiled threats from May.

Either way it is a dangerous game and quite honestly I'm not happy as a UK citizen that our senior politicians are saying these things. The response from Russia would be scary to a lot of people.

Yup that'll really go down in places like Wakefield and Outwood - I cant see Balls getting his seat back when they come up with things like that. I could see Wakefield going blue though.......

people from Wakefield and environs are not the sharpest tools in the box though.

I have worked with then enough years to know that.

Very true. These kind of statements are only going to bind the 27 more closely together.

After May's article 50 letter emphasising security these muppets start spouting off in public with statements that threaten security. Are they rogue agents are are these thing deliberately being said to back up what many considered to be veiled threats from May.

Either way it is a dangerous game and quite honestly I'm not happy as a UK citizen that our senior politicians are saying these things. The response from Russia would be scary to a lot of people.

The real danger with all that smoke-and-mirror guff for easily-excited types, is if the socio-economic uncertainty which it generates, continues long enough to put off a critical mass of domestic wealth creators.

Because those who create wealth to pay the government's bills, rely upon stable commercial-legal environments for continuity and, in the enduring absence of any degree of certainty about what Brexit really is or will be, they are pondering their options and reaching decisions.

The world might pause or reboot every now and then for MPs and politicians. It never does for businesses.

Edited by L00b