The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Cameron never considered the possibility of us leaving, who's to say that had it been on the cards that concessions would then have been made.

It's not a question of what Cameron considered,the point was what the EU were prepared to give and not give him.

They are very bothered about us leaving.

Since the referendum, all the EU has spoken about is money.

It's not all the EU has spoken about by far, but it's true that the EU has steadfastly said that if the UK wants to discuss anything 'free trade' at all, it has to discuss and agree money (divorce bill) first. And accessorily also discuss and agree the mechanics of the exiting. The 'free trade' talks come at the end.

That's how "very bothered"of the UK exit the EU (including Merkel) are, and tells you all you need to know about the balance of power here.

Simply put, the EU is no more bothered about the UK leaving, as the UK is bothered about leaving the EU: for the EU, Brexit is very regrettable, not in either party's best interest, but if it's what the UK wants, so be it.

Expect no freebies, negotiate in good faith and constructively, and all will be reciprocated and well.

Start taking the p***, expect equal p*** to get taken out of. Simples.

Edited by L00b

It's not a question of what Cameron considered,the point was what the EU were prepared to give and not give him.

Yes because the question of us leaving was pretty inconceivable. Why give more to a country that has no bargaining position. As far as the rest were concerned we were going nowhere so tough, ya gettin' nothing

Yes because the question of us leaving was pretty inconceivable. Why give more to a country that has no bargaining position. As far as the rest were concerned we were going nowhere so tough, ya gettin' nothing
Cameron didn't ask for enough, hard enough. And didn't think of asking for UKIP thunder-stealing freebies he would have got (like e.g. blue cover passports :D)

He went in batting for what he thought he would get, not batting for what he thought he should get.

/water under bridge

/bygones

Do the EU sound bothered now you've left?,they have kept a consistant line before and after the referendum.

It's the UK that will not walk away to WTO,but wants to negotiate a better deal from outside the EU to when it was in,the EU must be getting tired of repeating that it isn't going to happen.

Cameron didn't ask for enough, hard enough. And didn't think of asking for UKIP thunder-stealing freebies he would have got (like e.g. blue cover passports :D)

He went in batting for what he thought he would get, not batting for what he thought he should get.

/water under bridge

/bygones

I dont think he went in there batting. He wanted everything to stay the same. The EU do not want anything to change because big business and banks have never had it so good.

They crashed the planet in 2008 and got away with it scott free. And its already happening again with people being offered loans and mortgages they can never pay.

Normal everyday people saw that, they saw that their lifes would never change if we carried on in the EU which is run by bankers and globalists.

Brexit sent a political shockwave across the UK, europe and the world.

The people are taking the power back from the politicians.

I dont think he went in there batting. He wanted everything to stay the same. The EU do not want anything to change because big business and banks have never had it so good.

They crashed the planet in 2008 and got away with it scott free. And its already happening again with people being offered loans and mortgages they can never pay.

You really should read up about what the EU and the ECB have done since to prevent a return to the bad old days of pre-2008, and how much braking on all 4s the UK has done about it (insofar as it was concerned, i.e. in respect of euro-clearing only and not much else, since it isn't in the €zone)

Which, by the way, had nothing to do with the EU, and all to do with US big banks trading never-never instruments through the City to bypass US securities law. There has been relatively little collateral financial damage in the EU (aside from the few banks in the EU that traded large positions on the same never never instruments), the doldrums there have been far more through reduced global economic activity.

Normal everyday people saw that, they saw that their lifes would never change if we carried on in the EU which is run by bankers and globalists.
If you're talking about Leave voters, then your 'normal everyday people' are those with too little education, skills and assets to make their way in the new knowledge economy (just like miners were after pit closures in the 80s), either because they don't have the intellectual capacity and/or let down by the government's constant meddling and failures with the British educational system, and in any case let down by the government's enduring inaction about growing social inequality.

Brexit sent a political shockwave across the UK, europe and the world.
Agreed.

The people are taking the power back from the politicians.
Disagreed.

Those same 'normal everyday people' are going to get ridden twice as hard by the very same politicians, in league with different big business and banks (again, you really should read up about 'dark money').

Do the EU sound bothered now you've left?,they have kept a consistant line before and after the referendum.

It's the UK that will not walk away to WTO,but wants to negotiate a better deal from outside the EU to when it was in,the EU must be getting tired of repeating that it isn't going to happen.

Do the EU sound bothered now that WE'VE left, your coming to.

How they do or do not feel is not my argument but since you asked. I don't know, public and private faces often differ. I dont mind whether we're missed or not. They possibly do but not because of our charm and pleasant demeanour.

Do the EU sound bothered now that WE'VE left, your coming to.

How they do or do not feel is not my argument but since you asked. I don't know, public and private faces often differ. I dont mind whether we're missed or not. They possibly do but not because of our charm and pleasant demeanour.

No,I'm in the EU,and I'll be staying there.