The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I dont think he went in there batting. He wanted everything to stay the same. The EU do not want anything to change because big business and banks have never had it so good.

They crashed the planet in 2008 and got away with it scott free. And its already happening again with people being offered loans and mortgages they can never pay.

Normal everyday people saw that, they saw that their lifes would never change if we carried on in the EU which is run by bankers and globalists.

Brexit sent a political shockwave across the UK, europe and the world.

The people are taking the power back from the politicians.

First of all, the financial crash was initiated by the greed of American Bankers and their brilliant scheme of Subprime mortgage lending, which combined with institutionalized accounting and corporate fraud as epitomised by Enron and Lehman Brothers. As finance is international once the domino's start falling they take others with them, hence the bailouts.

Trying to blame that on the EU is simply wrong.

As for " the people are taking power back from the politicians ", how does that work?

Aren't we voting for politicians in June?

Following Brexit won't those politicians be in complete control?

The current polls suggest that the Conservatives will win a large majority.

Should that happen then they will be able impose their particular ideology with no meaningful opposition.

As the Tory's are a Big Business party look forward to Zero Hour contracts all round and a war with Syria or anyone else the Donald decides to have a go at.

We can rerun the 50s and go to war with North Korea.

A deal will be reached because it's in the interest of both parties.

The EU knows that behind closed doors the UK is forging ahead with FTA arrangements with other countries. The EU knows that to remain competative it will need to strike a deal with the UK.

I would be more interested in what's happening in the forgotten towns of the UK,full of forgotten people who wanted to take their country back as they had no voice,Brexit will be judged by these,not by what the EU does or doesn't do.

We should bring in recruitment quotas or targets, especially for public services like hospitals.

It's sad but there are companies based in the UK that don't even advertise their vacancies within the UK, let alone with the Job Centre. They don't have to under EU law.

I have little sympathy for companies that operate in this way and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a 'name & shame' type scheme develop over the next few years post-Brexit.

If however a UK-based company wishes to hire non-EU talent they have to apply for a sponsorship licence from the Home Office and provide evidence that they've first attempted to recruit locally (including with the Job Centre).

It's a long-winded and expensive process which makes it undesirable for companies wishing to employ low-skilled labour from outside the EU.

In a post-Brexit world perhaps this type of sponsorship regime will expand to encompass EU nationals too.

Edited by Puggie

What I wonder will be how many footballers and other sportsmen will be sent home?

The worst possible outcome for EU nationals will be the need to legalise their residency either through a visa scheme or through citizenship (if they qualify).

It's very unlikely the deadline for this will be March 2019 because we are expected to have a further post-Brexit transitionary period.

So nobody is kicking anybody out.

The worst possible outcome for EU nationals will be the need to legalise their residency either through a visa scheme or through citizenship (if they qualify).

It's very unlikely the deadline for this will be March 2019 because we are expected to have a further post-Brexit transitionary period.

So nobody is kicking anybody out.

I already have that (blue card, work permit).

Croatia was last country accepted in EU, so we always had restrictions. Funny, it's seems that will stay that way.

I am writing this because people are confusing things and saying that all EU citizens have instant right to live and work here.

I am writing this because people are confusing things and saying that all EU citizens have instant right to live and work here.

But that's only because Croatia is a new EU member so you have temporary transitional restrictions. Once these transitional restrictions expire you get free movement.

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 19:44 ----------

And from 1st November 2019 you can expect the following territories to apply for EU membership: Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, and Turkey. :hihi: